D
Posted By
davee
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m close to getting a new PC and I’m thinking of replacing an Iiyama 17" flat CRT (nearly 5 years old) with a 19" LCD monitor. I can’t accommodate a larger CRT. I’ve read endless reviews and the shortlist seems to Samsung SM913N or Sony HS95P; the Eizo is too expensive; then there are LG, CTX, Viewsonic,… The fast refresh rates coming along seem to get favourable comments. But I have one concern each with the Samsung and Sony:

Samsung: MagicBright – as the last thing I want is the monitor deciding what an image should look like when I’m trying to adjust it.

Sony: reflections and durability of its high-gloss panel, although I’m not troubled by relections on the CRT. My monitor is set back several inches inside a surrounding cabinet.

I’d appreciate comments from any satisfied (or dissatisfied!) users of these or alternative LCD panels good with Photoshop.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 8, 2005
Check out some of the Dells. They sometimes have great deals on them, and I understand they’re excellent monitors. One of the "majors" makes them for labeling under the Dell name. I’m aware of a number of digital imaging pros that are using them and are extremely happy. They’re especially happy with the sale price!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 8, 2005
Yes, definitely check out the Dell 1905fp, for one. There are coupons everywhere if you google.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections