T
Posted By
TomTPG
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve created a Slideshow Video CD (VCD). After the long process of burning the CD, it does not auotoplay on my XP system. Instead, I see 6 different folders on the VCD.
I need to create a CD slideshow that can be given as a gift and will work with an autoplay.

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
A VCD is designed to work on a DVD player, not a PC.
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
Organizer does not have a means to make an autoplay slideshow CD for use on a PC.

You can achieve the result yourself. Make a PC readable slideshow, which will be a PDF [simple] or WMV [custom] file. Then create a simple text filecalled "autorun.inf", that contains this:

[autorun]
shellexecute=file.xxx

Where "file.xxx" is the name of your slideshow PDF/WMV file.

Burn both these files onto a CD and this should autorun on a Windows XP or 2000 system.
T
TomTPG
Jun 6, 2005
Actually, I thought that when I went to Creat/Slide Show/Custom – I see on the bottom right corner of the screen two icons: one for VCD and one for Computer.

How do I guarantee that the slideshow will be used on a computer?

Or, how do I guarantee creation of a pdf file?
T
TomTPG
Jun 6, 2005
Of course, the simple Slide Show allows for creation of the PDF, but disallows use of music background.
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
It is impossible to make a CD [with any software] that will autoplay on and PC and run on a DVD player.

What do you actually want?
T
TomTPG
Jun 6, 2005
I am sorry for my obtuseness.
I am trying to create a slide show of an event that I can set to music and give to folks which will autoplay on their computer.

The slide show should have pictures and music and be on a CD not a DVD.

How can I do this?
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
Make a custom slideshow and save the WMV file. Then add the autostart file, as I described, and burn the CD.

Just one thing to bear in mind: Some people [like me] regard autostart as a total PITA and turn it off at an early opportunity …
O
o3v3tz
Jun 6, 2005
Tom,

The Organizing Your Photos book (http://photofanatic.com/)

suggests saving with 800 x 600 (approx 220 photos plus music fit on a CD) or 800 x 600 Proof (approx 130 files plus music fit on a CD) when writing the WMV file to a CD. Proof quality setting gives higher-quality compression which results in a larger file.

Barb O
L
lookaaly
Jun 7, 2005
This would be something for you –
http://www.photo2vcd.com
JD
Jerry_Davies
Jun 7, 2005
TomTPG
I think you will find it will play in Windows Media Player – it’s the only way I could get my version to function.
I too created a VCD on PE3 and it will not auto start on my DVD player despite the fact that it plays VCD format – gets onto the ‘select track’ and that’s it!
With the inclusion of the autoplay.ini file , where is it added? Thanks in anticipation of some ‘expert’ help.
Jerry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections