"Please insert the disk:1" issue when reinstalling.

PC
Posted By
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Several users of the French version of Elements have a problem when they are trying to reinstall Photoshpop Elements3: they are prompted to "Please insert the disk:1" but they do only have one disk… the one that is currently in the cd reader.

Original thread here in the French forum:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bba75ed>

Did someone face that problem?
Knowledgebase and forum searches did not bring any relevant result.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 2, 2005
You cannot do a Repair Install. You must uninstall and do a full reinstall, Pierre.

HTH
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 2, 2005
I think that what the users are doing, Barbara… I act here as a translator only, I’m a CS2 user 🙂
But thanks for the prompt answer!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 2, 2005
Usually that message means that you are trying to do a repair install. Someone else might have heard of it happening otherwise, but I don’t think we’ve had any posts here where it didn’t come from that.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 2, 2005
Hmm, yes, I see. Is anti-virus and anything from Norton disabled when installing?
JJ
Jim_J
Jun 3, 2005
Sont toutes les problèmes de la version européan?

J’ai vu imac. Parlons nous de Mac OS ou Windows ou les deux.

Merci.

Jim
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 3, 2005
In all cases, the antivirus is disabled during the reinstallations.

Jim, the guy with the iMac asked his question in the linked thread, but his question is not related to the problem at hand.

Since the users are using an antivirus, and spoke about the registry, we can confidently say that they are using Windows. They are p!ssed of the way customer service (did not) help them.
JJ
Jim_J
Jun 4, 2005
Okay,

but just to confirm, are these all Euro versions or are the French Canadian as well?

Cheers

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections