Posted By
Jason
Oct 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to a plugin for Photoshop 6 or 7 that will allow me to open WMF vector graphics?

– Jason

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
TSimmons
Oct 15, 2003
Jason,

What app. is the WMF coming from. The reason I ask is….you could export from that app as an .AI (or .eps) file.

Or import the wmf into a vector graphics app…like illustrator/corel

Then in photoshop do a
File
Open As…
Then change the filetype to "generic .eps.ai"

Photoshop will then nicely convert the vector graphic into an antialiased bitmap.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome – powerpoint backgrounds,
free sample templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

"Jason" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to a plugin for Photoshop 6 or 7 that will allow me
to
open WMF vector graphics?

– Jason

J
Jason
Oct 16, 2003
Hey TAJ,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve had to start a new thread, thanks to my news server dropping the original.

The WMFs are coming from a clipart CD. They need to be converted from RGB to greyscale, for reasons I won’t go into. To accomplish this so far, we’ve been opening the WMFs in the excellent freeware IrfanView, saving them as TIFFs, and opening the resulting TIFF in Photoshop. (IrfanView’s greyscale somehow retains colour info, BTW, so it’s unusable.) I’m trying to save time by eliminating the IrfanView step. Your suggestion was sensible, but as you can see, it doesn’t reduce the number of steps required. Thanks very much anyway.

The question of a WMF filter/plugin for PS pops up on usenet a few times each year, I know… but it’s 2003, and I thought maybe a plugin had finally been released.

Perhaps even by Adobe, perish the thought. 🙂

– Jason

———————————-
Original post:

Subject: Re: WMF plugin?
Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop
Date: 2003-10-15 05:51:57 PST

Jason,

What app. is the WMF coming from. The reason I ask is….you could export from that app as an .AI (or .eps) file.

Or import the wmf into a vector graphics app…like illustrator/corel

Then in photoshop do a
File
Open As…
Then change the filetype to "generic .eps.ai"

Photoshop will then nicely convert the vector graphic into an antialiased bitmap.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp
R
ragrice
Oct 18, 2003
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:00:56 GMT, "Jason"
wrote:

Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to a plugin for Photoshop 6 or 7 that will allow me to open WMF vector graphics?

– Jason
Did anyone get you the information you needed?
I recently tracked down the plugin from a good hearted soul and can send it to you. Post or email to let me know.

ragrice
J
Jason
Oct 19, 2003
"ragrice" wrote in message
I recently tracked down the plugin from a good hearted soul and can send it to you. Post or email to let me know.

No, I still haven’t found such a plugin, and yes, I’d love a copy! Thanks in advance.

– Jason
R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
I tried sending to the email address you provided and it’s bouncing back. Yahoo says you don’t have an active account. Try sending me a new email or one from a different account.

ragrice

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:57:21 GMT, "Jason"
wrote:

No, I still haven’t found such a plugin, and yes, I’d love a copy! Thanks in advance.

– Jason

R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
I’m having a hard time sending you email. Yahoo says you have no account. Did you send me the correct email?
ragrice

wrote:

– Jason

R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
I took a stab at your email address from your posting and it bounced back. Let me know where to send the file and I’ll get it to you. ragrice

wrote:

– Jason

R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
I took a stab at your email from your post but it bounced back. Let me know where to send the file and I’ll get it to you. ragrice

wrote:

– Jason

R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
I tried to guess your email address from your posting but it bounced back. Let me know where to send it and I’ll get it to you. ragrice

wrote:

– Jason

R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
I tried to guess your email address from your posting but it bounced back. Let me know where to send it and I’ll get it to you. ragrice

wrote:

– Jason

R
ragrice
Oct 21, 2003
Your email keeps bouncing. Yahoo says you have no account. Did you send me your correct email?
ragrice

wrote:

– Jason

J
Jason
Oct 24, 2003
In case anyone is still following this thread – ragrice was kind enough to go to not-inconsiderable trouble to get the plugin to me. Thanks, Bob, you’re a gentleman.

– Jason

Your email keeps bouncing. Yahoo says you have no account. Did you send me your correct email?
ragrice

wrote:

No, I still haven’t found such a plugin, and yes, I’d love a copy! Thanks
in
advance.

– Jason

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections