QD
Posted By
Quinn_Dinh
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made a slideshow and put it on ntsc so that i could view it on a dvd player, but its not working? Can anyone help me? it says to insert a cdr or a cdr-w? Dont you have to use a dvd? and if anyone can help me and has step for step instructions let me know.

Thank You

Quinn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 24, 2005
PSE does not have a means to make DVDs. It can only make VCDs, which are recorded on CD-R media and play on many DVD machines.
CW
Colin Walls
May 24, 2005
BTW, you can make DVDs if you have Premiere Elements as well.
O
o3v3tz
May 24, 2005
I am guessing that you have Elements 3 and that you made a Custom Slideshow and set the WNV Output Quality to NTSC before you did the write of the slideshow to WMV file format on your hard drive.

Elements 3 itself can not write a Custom Slideshow Creation to a DVD disc; it can write in Video CD format to a CD disc. The Video CD format is lower resolution (and therefore lower quality) than the MPEG-2 NTSC format used on a DVD.

IF you have Adobe Premiere Elements installed, you will also see a menu choice of "DVD with Menu" on the menu of PSE 3 Creations.

The following Adobe techdoc talks about the interface from PS Elements 3 to Premiere Elements

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330734.html>

As an alternative (if you do not have Premiere Elements), it is probably possible that you can save the Elements 3 WMV file to your hard drive, then use the burning software that came with your DVD burner to burn the DVD in NTSC format. However, this quality may not be as good as separate software that writes directly to a DVD in NTSC format.

I have noticed that several forum participants have ignored the Elements slideshow functions and used a separate slideshow program.

Barb O
QD
Quinn_Dinh
May 24, 2005
Ive been trying to put the windows file on a dvd to watch, but i dont konw if i have the right software to burn it to a dvd? What software do you suggest and do they have any trial versions to see if it works?
O
o3v3tz
May 24, 2005
What software came with your DVD burner?

Barb O
QD
Quinn_Dinh
May 24, 2005
think i only have dvd cloner..i dont have anything to put normal files on a dvd.
O
o3v3tz
May 24, 2005
think i only have dvd cloner..i dont have anything to put normal files on a dvd.

Sorry, I don’t know how you can burn a MPEG-2 format DVD for viewing on a TV then.

Can someone else provide assistance?

Barb O
E
emmarzheng
May 25, 2005
Try this: http://www.photo2vcd.com ,see if it helps.
LM
Lou_M
May 25, 2005
There are a number of consumer products on the Windows side that let you burn video DVDs. Check out sonic.com or ulead.com for two. Adobe’s Premiere Elements does it, too. These tools are all around $100. They all have *very* cheezy menus for the DVDs. For example:

<http://ulead.com/dps/samples.htm>

If you want a startlingly good DVD experience, you’ll need a Mac. 🙂 Nothing can touch Apple’s iDVD and its templates:

<http://www.apple.com/ilife/idvd/themes.html>
L
lookaaly
May 25, 2005
A great site to visit if you want to use this is –
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
JC
Jane Carter
May 25, 2005
Hi Lou, Thanks for that link! Somehow I had missed it. My neighbor is building a house and is not here to see most of the work, so I am going to make him a couple of CDs and DVDs out of the pictures Ive been taking.
I just got iLife with all the upgrades, amazing stuff! Makes everything so darn easy, even for an oldster like me.
Jane
LM
Lou_M
May 25, 2005
Hi, Jane. Hey, that’s very generous of you to do that for your neighbor. You’ll have a blast! 🙂
JC
Jane Carter
May 25, 2005
He is a PC person, but is ‘thinking’ about getting a Mac. He hasn’t seen this one yet with its 20" screen, so just wait till I show him his house and yard pictures with an iPhoto slide show.
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2005
Jane …

Wow I bet it impresses him 🙂

Wendy
JH
Jim_Hess
May 25, 2005
While the MPEG-2 format is basically the "native" format for DVDs, you cannot simply burn an MPEG-2 file to a DVD and expect it to play in your standard DVD player. There is a specific file and folder structure that must be created in order for your DVD player to be able to play it. In order to create that type of disk you need DVD authoring software. Premiere Elements is one software package that will allow you to author DVDs. There are others as well. It will be necessary for you to obtain one of these packages in order to create your DVDs. Premiere Elements sells for about $100, and that seems to be the starting price for that type of software that has the features that most people want.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections