HR
Posted By
Hilma Ruby
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am still having trouble with pixels and print sizes. I’ve been uploading photos to different web sites and they all seem to want differents sizes, kbs, quality, etc. Question: I’ve "Saved for Web" at, let’s say a max of 1000pxs high or wide and want to send the same photo to someone that only wants 300 or a max of 75,000(?) . Can I resize the sameSave for Web photo to any new size. Also, if the photo was saved at 1000, can I take that photo from the Saved for Web folder and increase the pxs to 2500 or more and save and send it? OR do I have to go back to the original and resize it? I don’t know if I’ll ever get this all in my head—I’m a photographer and PSE3 nut but not very swift with all this other stuff.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
May 14, 2005
Hilma,

An excellent site for understanding that which you seek is

<http://www.scantips.com>
R
Roy
May 14, 2005
"Hilma Ruby" wrote in message
I am still having trouble with pixels and print sizes. I’ve been uploading photos to different web sites and they all seem to want differents sizes, kbs, quality, etc. Question: I’ve "Saved for Web" at, let’s say a max of 1000pxs high or wide and want to send the same photo to someone that only wants 300 or a max of 75,000(?) . Can I resize the sameSave for Web photo to any new size. Also, if the photo was saved at 1000, can I take that photo from the Saved for Web folder and increase the pxs to 2500 or more and save and send it? OR do I have to go back to the original and resize it? I don’t know if I’ll ever get this all in my head—I’m a photographer and PSE3 nut but not very swift with all this other stuff.

Hi there.

Well, you could just change your "Saved for Web" but the quality would go to hell.

Go back to your originals, and resize from there, then Save for Web again.

If you are working with Jpegs every time you "Save" after making alterations Quality is lost, and the Save degradations are cumulative, and Save for Web is even more damaging than a normal Save.

Roy G
HR
Hilma Ruby
May 15, 2005
Nancy, Thank you. However, I am not interested in scanning, just sizing my camera images.

Hilma
WB
William_Baer
May 15, 2005
I think that if you looked at the site suggested you might find the answers you seek. Refusing help as it is offered probably will not get you too far in the forums. Perhaps I misunderstand.
ML
Mark_Levesque
May 15, 2005
Question: I’ve "Saved for Web" at, let’s say a max of 1000pxs high or wide and want to send the same photo to someone that only wants 300 or a max of 75,000(?) . Can I resize the sameSave for Web photo to any new size.

Strictly speaking, maximum quality is achieved by resizing from the main .psd. But practically speaking, unless you needed to use an obnoxious amount of compression, downsizing from a "save for web" jpeg is usually ok. I would avoid upsizing from a SFW jpeg; it’s bound to add artifacts that could be avoided by downsizing from the original processed image.

Also, if the photo was saved at 1000, can I take that photo from the Saved for Web folder and increase the pxs to 2500 or more and save and send it?

You can, but shouldn’t. Do another SFW from the original. Upsizing should be avoided except where absolutely necessary.

Downsizing is easier than upsizing, because you are taking more information and reducing it. That’s just an easier process than taking less information and making "more" out of it.
HR
Hilma Ruby
May 15, 2005
Thank you Mark, you’ve answered my question completely. Thank you again.

Hilma

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections