Printing on Black Paper : Help Please :-)

SG
Posted By
Seth Gecko
Oct 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

PS7 newbie, could someone please tell me what i need to do i am printing a flyer, i need the background to be black, but having an inkjet printer (canon i550) i dont wanna waste alotta black ink each time i wanna print a test page. i thought working with a white background and then printing it on black paper
would save me from making the background black and ending up with a black ink soaked page

this is probably a silly predicament i’m in but is there is solution ?

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mike
Oct 12, 2003
in article bmcjb9$nca$, Seth_Gecko at
wrote on 10/12/03 3:11 PM:

Hi

PS7 newbie, could someone please tell me what i need to do i am printing a flyer, i need the background to be black, but having an inkjet printer (canon i550) i dont wanna waste alotta black ink each time i wanna print a test page. i thought working with a white background and then printing it on black paper
would save me from making the background black and ending up with a black ink soaked page

thanks

Hire a real print shop to print your flyers.

":^) ®
J
J-Dogg
Oct 12, 2003
There is a product called "toner foil" (which you could get through PaperDirect about ten years ago) and the foil sticks to toner coming out of a laser printer. You have to use a little iron, very low temperature, that comes with the foil. That might be cool if you wanted refelctive orange lettering, or somthing. It came in rolls and they made a dozen or so colors. So you’d design your flier, and then cut the toner to cover the letters and shapes in the flyer.

I’ll look around. Anyone else remember this stuff?

"Seth_Gecko" wrote in message
Hi

PS7 newbie, could someone please tell me what i need to do i am printing a flyer, i need the background to be black, but having an inkjet printer (canon i550) i dont wanna waste alotta black ink each time i wanna print a test page. i thought working with a white background and then printing it
on
black paper

thanks

DL
Donald Link
Oct 13, 2003
BUY Black Paper!

Hi

PS7 newbie, could someone please tell me what i need to do i am printing a flyer, i need the background to be black, but having an inkjet printer (canon i550) i dont wanna waste alotta black ink each time i wanna print a test page. i thought working with a white background and then printing it
on
black paper

thanks

T
thomas
Oct 13, 2003
well seth i hate to tell you but your inkjet printer works on the premise of recreating colors by ADDING cyan, magenta, yellow, and black ink. in order for this process to work it assumes a base of white which is why when you print on your black paper the ink does not show up. perhaps your best bet would be to have your flyer printed out by a place that can handle your problem because youll have no luck with your inkjet.

-tom

Hi

on
black paper

thanks

JK
JP Kabala
Oct 13, 2003
Not with any home inkjet that I know of.
a commercial printer could do it, however
Hi

on
black paper

thanks

D
DosBoss57
Oct 13, 2003
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:11:02 +0200, "Seth_Gecko" wrote:

Hi

thanks
I have an idea that might just work…not sure
Assuming that you want to print white on black, why don’t you try making your design in a very light grey say 10% grey and then when you print on black paper, photoshop will assume that you are using white paper and leave the black alone. The grey should show almost white in contrast to the black paper. This is assuming (I do assume alot don’t I?) that you want to do this very cheaply and that it doesn’t have to be perfect white. Are you making the flyers for a mailing? If so I feel that this is as cheap as you can go….just a thought!!!

//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

Imagine all the people living life in peace !
S
Stephan
Oct 13, 2003
Hi

on
black paper

Simply impossible.You can’t print on black paper forget it! If you want cheap go to Kinko’s nothing you will do at home on you inkjet can be cheaper.
Even if you use cheap fast fading, jet clogging inks
The cheapest way would probably to output one good print and use it for laser copies ($1/piece)

Stephan
M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
in article , DosBoss57 at
wrote on 10/12/03 6:25 PM:

The grey should show almost white in
contrast to the black paper.

You are too silly. Grey ink is just black ink … duh…

It is not going to show up on black paper.

You are so silly.

Mike

* Logo Design *
Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at: http://www.artistmike.com
RW
Rich Webb
Oct 13, 2003
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:05:41 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

The cheapest way would probably to output one good print and use it for laser copies ($1/piece)

Actually a two-pass process,a regular laser printer and then an ink jet, might make it do-able for a small homemade print run. The OP would need to look into how to "trap" the colors and experiment a bit with alignment and ordering (laser then ink jet or the other way around?). There would also be some trimming involved, of course.

Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
D
DosBoss57
Oct 13, 2003
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:09:06 -0700, mike wrote:

You are so silly.

I don’t know you and I thank God for that ! Whenever you post a reply to someone on this newsgroup, it’s always the lowest form of sarcasm. You make it so easy for someone to hate you even if they don’t know you. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, you know? And you, dear Mike, are the master. Why don’t you try to say something constructive once in a while instead of all your bullshit like "Hire me ". I’ve been to your website and personally i think your work is pathetic, to say the least. I must admit that you are very good with bevels….everyone here knows that. But then again…that’s all you can do from the work that I’ve seen.

All I did was suggest to someone about the damned grey ink but you couldn’t resist to put your nasty 2 cents in. As far as I’m concerned, your opinion isn’t even worth that much to me. You should try posting something that might help someone sometime. Tacit, for example, would run circles around you in any type of Photoshop contest based on creativity or knowledge of the software and he never, ever puts someone down in his posts. He always says something creative or something that may help the poster learn a technique or two.

Your persistent sarcasm is proof positive of how insecure you are as far as your "chops" are concerned. You definitely realize that your work just plain SUX the big one and you always try to hide that by trying to show how proficient you are. If you can’t come up with constructive criticism, why don’t you just get some paints and get back in your cave, smartass???

There’s a sight called www.worth1000.com where they have daily contests….try signing up and see how many of those you can win you old fart !!!

//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

D
DaKitty
Oct 13, 2003
Ink Jet ink is transparent, it will not show up on black, much like spilled coffee doesn’t really turn black paper brown.

"Donald Link" wrote in message
BUY Black Paper!

Hi

PS7 newbie, could someone please tell me what i need to do i am printing
a
flyer, i need the background to be black, but having an inkjet printer (canon i550) i dont wanna waste alotta black ink each time i wanna print
a
test page. i thought working with a white background and then printing
it
on
black paper
would save me from making the background black and ending up with a
black
ink soaked page

thanks

M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
wrote on 10/12/03 8:42 PM:

You are so silly.

I don’t know you and I thank God for that ! Whenever you post a reply to someone on this newsgroup, it’s always the lowest form of sarcasm. You make it so easy for someone to hate you even if they don’t know you.

Nice that you learned that you can’t print on black paper, not even with "gray" ink.

hahahaha.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, you know?

And people like you gobble it right up.

Why don’t you try to say something constructive once
in a while…

Not my job to satisfy your needs.

I’ve been to
your website and personally i think your work is pathetic…

What was your link again?

hahahaha.

All I did was suggest to someone about the damned grey ink but you couldn’t resist to put your nasty 2 cents in.

"Chuckle ® " is a registered trademark of ArtistMike.com

If you want to print with "grey" ink… you are going to have to go to a print shop.

And even then they are not going to be able to print it on black paper. Just not going to happen.

You might be able to silkscreen it, but that is not what you were talking about.

As far as I’m concerned,
your opinion isn’t even worth that much to me.

For something that is not "worth that much" to you… you sure like to type.

You should try posting
something that might help someone sometime.

So should you. Telling someone to use grey ink is not helping.

run circles around you in any type of Photoshop contest ….

I have no need to enter contests… you do that for me, ok?

Your persistent sarcasm is proof positive of how insecure you are as far as your "chops" are concerned.

You got a problem? Cry to someone that cares.

You definitely realize that your
work just plain SUX the big one and you always try to hide that by trying to show how proficient you are.

Time for you to run along and whine to someone else. I don’t care about your opinion of my work. There is no reason to care about your opinion, so I don’t.

If you can’t come up with
constructive criticism, why don’t you just get some paints and get back in your cave, smartass???

You don’t understand how newsgroups work, do you. Try and keep up.

Mike

* Logo Design *

M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003

I don’t know you and I thank God for that ! Whenever you post a reply to someone on this newsgroup, it’s always the lowest form of sarcasm.

Looks like a little boy wants to play… I wonder how long he will last.

One day? Probably.

Mike

* Logo Design *

S
Stephan
Oct 13, 2003
"Rich Webb" wrote in message
wrote:

Actually a two-pass process,a regular laser printer and then an ink jet, might make it do-able for a small homemade print run. The OP would need to look into how to "trap" the colors and experiment a bit with alignment and ordering (laser then ink jet or the other way around?). There would also be some trimming involved, of course.

Good luck!

Stephan
S
Stephan
Oct 13, 2003
"DosBoss57" wrote in message
I don’t know you and I thank God for that ! Whenever you post a reply to someone on this newsgroup, it’s always the lowest form of sarcasm. blablablabla<

Just zap the bastard like most of us do.

Stephan
M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
in article Yvqib.8520$, Stephan at
wrote on 10/12/03 10:13 PM:

I don’t know you and I thank God for that ! Whenever you post a reply to someone on this newsgroup, it’s always the lowest form of sarcasm. blablablabla<

What "most people" do is irrelevant to me.

Mike

* Logo Design *

S
SoftSpot
Oct 13, 2003
"Seth_Gecko" schreef in bericht
Hi

on
black paper

thanks

Some time ago I tried something similar: we wanted to "print" something on a black T-shirt. So I printed the design on a piece of transfertpaper and then ironned it onto the T-shirt. Result: completely useless. I guess all the negative answers here (at least those who don’t stick out by being rude, offensive and insulting) are right: with a normal household-inkjetprinter you just can’t print on black and expect a useful result.
Perhaps if you know someone with a professional dye-wax printer it might work, those printers work by the color-adding principle, rather than color-substraction… but I’m not sure since I have never even seen such a printer (bit too expensive for my account)
J
J-Dogg
Oct 13, 2003
Wow, offset screen printing with a laser and an inkjet. Pretty clever.

"Rich Webb" wrote in message
wrote:

Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
JK
JP Kabala
Oct 13, 2003
sorry, but no….my office had a dye/wax printer….used one for years uses waxes in c-m-y-k….no way to make white—
least expensive process has already been suggested—
produce a prototype and pay for color copies.

finding a price on the Kinkos site is like finding a needle in a haystack but it’s usually .75-1.00 depending on size and quantity

"SoftSpot" wrote in message
Hi

a
flyer, i need the background to be black, but having an inkjet printer (canon i550) i dont wanna waste alotta black ink each time i wanna print
a
it
on
black paper
black
ink soaked page

thanks

Some time ago I tried something similar: we wanted to "print" something on
a
black T-shirt. So I printed the design on a piece of transfertpaper and
then
ironned it onto the T-shirt. Result: completely useless. I guess all the negative answers here (at least those who don’t stick out
by
being rude, offensive and insulting) are right: with a normal household-inkjetprinter you just can’t print on black and expect a useful result.
Perhaps if you know someone with a professional dye-wax printer it might work, those printers work by the color-adding principle, rather than color-substraction… but I’m not sure since I have never even seen such a printer (bit too expensive for my account)

PO
Pat ODoherty
Oct 13, 2003
You can get Black T-Shirt Transfer Paper for inkjets but I can’t comment on its effectiveness. I would imagine that the paper is coated with a white substance which melts away from the page when ironed. Ummmm.. of course it might only transfer to cloth and not paper. :-/

Does is have to be a black background? For a cool effect you could try printing on Inkjet Acetate and then stick it on top of metallic holographic card.

nardia

Hi

on
black paper

thanks

P
Pip
Oct 13, 2003
Assuming that you want to print white on black, why don’t you try making your design in a very light grey say 10% grey and then when you print on black paper, photoshop will assume that you are using white paper and leave the black alone. The grey should show almost white in contrast to the black paper. This is assuming (I do assume alot don’t I?) that you want to do this very cheaply and that it doesn’t have to be perfect white. Are you making the flyers for a mailing? If so I feel that this is as cheap as you can go….just a thought!!!
//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

LOL. You would need a printer with white ink for that to work, and I don’t think that there’s one out there. A print shop *could* print on black paper with white ink, but that doesn’t usually look that good. The only real option for what you’re looking for is to knock out the white and print the black background. That would work much better on a press than out of an inkjet printer. (The ink is too wet and will soak your pages.)

Chuck
XT
xalinai_Two
Oct 13, 2003
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:34:06 +0100, "nardia" wrote:

You can get Black T-Shirt Transfer Paper for inkjets but I can’t comment on its effectiveness. I would imagine that the paper is coated with a white substance which melts away from the page when ironed.

Exactly. So you usually have a white background rectangle (or whatever color you print on the white, even some rather greyish black) on the black paper – argh!

I’d second the proposal about using the inkjet for a prototype and a visit to the copy shop.

Michael

Ummmm.. of course it
might only transfer to cloth and not paper. :-/

Does is have to be a black background? For a cool effect you could try printing on Inkjet Acetate and then stick it on top of metallic holographic card.

nardia

Hi

on
black paper

thanks

CO
Carol Ott
Oct 13, 2003
I received a brochure from the University of Virginia’s School of Architecture….it was for an exhibit of some sort. Anyway, the bulk of it was printed with a very dark silver ink on black textured paper. Really interesting results, very subtle, and very elegant.

Of course, though, it wasn’t printed at home with an inkjet.

Carol

"Pip" wrote in message
//տ
M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
in article reyib.8$, Carol Ott at
wrote on 10/13/03 7:00 AM:

I received a brochure from the University of Virginia’s School of Architecture….it was for an exhibit of some sort. Anyway, the bulk of it was printed with a very dark silver ink on black textured paper. Really interesting results, very subtle, and very elegant.

I worked for a couple of years at Southwest Forest… they were a wrapping paper printing company…think Christmas wrapping paper… anyway, they also did wrapping custom paper for large companies. I was in charge of doing the sample designs… in short runs on a silk screen press…

Doing black glossy ink on flat black paper is a very classy effect. Many men’s clothing companies do that effect. It is a very masculine effect yet subtle.

Mike

* Logo Design *

CO
Carol Ott
Oct 13, 2003
Hmmm….yes, I think Kennth Cole’s tags are black-on-black, at least for the mens’ clothing. Very nice.

Carol

"mike" wrote in message

I received a brochure from the University of Virginia’s School of Architecture….it was for an exhibit of some sort. Anyway, the bulk of
it
was printed with a very dark silver ink on black textured paper. Really interesting results, very subtle, and very elegant.

I worked for a couple of years at Southwest Forest… they were a wrapping paper printing company…think Christmas wrapping paper… anyway, they
also
did wrapping custom paper for large companies. I was in charge of doing
the
sample designs… in short runs on a silk screen press…
Doing black glossy ink on flat black paper is a very classy effect. Many men’s clothing companies do that effect. It is a very masculine effect
yet
subtle.

Mike

* Logo Design *

S
Stuart
Oct 13, 2003
For once I actually laughed at your comment, just the one time mind.

mike wrote:

You are so silly.
P
Pip
Oct 13, 2003
Organization: C.S. Ott Design
Reply-To: "Carol Ott"
Newsgroups:
alt.design.graphics,alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.app s.photoshop,comp.g raphics.misc
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:00:55 GMT
Subject: Re: Printing on Black Paper : Help Please 🙂

Of course, though, it wasn’t printed at home with an inkjet.
Carol

You’re right Carol, I’ve seen that before as well. It does look good using a metallic ink on black paper, but that didn’t seem to be what he was looking for. I really like foil on black paper too. It just pops.

Chuck
P
Pip
Oct 13, 2003

I worked for a couple of years at Southwest Forest… they were a wrapping paper printing company…think Christmas wrapping paper… anyway, they also did wrapping custom paper for large companies. I was in charge of doing the sample designs… in short runs on a silk screen press…
Doing black glossy ink on flat black paper is a very classy effect. Many men’s clothing companies do that effect. It is a very masculine effect yet subtle.

Mike

That’s nice too, Mike. You can achieve a similar effect with a clear gloss coat too. Subtle and elegant.

Chuck
D
DosBoss57
Oct 13, 2003
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 05:13:28 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

Stephan
Hey Stephan

Why don’t you mind your own business?

//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
in article BBB031C9.45502%, Pip at
wrote on 10/13/03 7:41 AM:

Mike

That’s nice too, Mike. You can achieve a similar effect with a clear gloss coat too. Subtle and elegant.

But none of these effects are possible with a home printer.

So I think the guy is just out of luck.

Mike

* Logo Design *

M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
Some graphic designers just have not done any actual printing, so they don’t have any knowledge with how ink really works on paper. Such people make silly suggestions like "grey" ink on black paper.

in article wrote on
10/13/03 7:23 AM:

mike wrote:

You are so silly.

Mike

* Logo Design *

D
DosBoss57
Oct 13, 2003
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:31:52 -0700, mike wrote:

I don’t know you and I thank God for that ! Whenever you post a reply to someone on this newsgroup, it’s always the lowest form of sarcasm.

Looks like a little boy wants to play… I wonder how long he will last.
One day? Probably.

Mike

You think I’m some little kid that just wants to play?….nice try! I’m very serious about what I said. You are ignorant and have absolutely nothing good to say about anyone or to anyone. And if I said anything in that post to offend you, please tell me what it is so I can say it again

//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

SW
Stan Wojda
Oct 13, 2003
"gray ink" would work perfectly printed on black paper. The reason, it contains a percentage of white ink. eg. The mixing formula for Panatone 442 (warm gray) is made from 1 1/4 parts Panatone green; 1/2 parts Panatone warm red; and 14 parts Panatone White. I have often used lighter ink colors on darker surfaces, (paper and plastics) to good effect. Ordinary CMYK printing would not work unless a opaque white base were printed under the process colors. However the original poster was talking about an ink jet printer and in that case I’m afraid he would be out of luck.

mike wrote

Some graphic designers just have not done any actual printing, so they don’t have any knowledge with how ink really works on paper. Such people make silly suggestions like "grey" ink on black paper.

in article wrote on
10/13/03 7:23 AM:

mike wrote:

You are so silly.
R
Roberto
Oct 13, 2003
To my knowledge there has only been one consumer printer that had white ink which is what you would need (it would have to be done under your images with a slight edge around it) and that was the Alps printers. There were ribbon based dye-sub/wax printers and they offered white, metallic, etc. However, those printers are no longer made. You can still buy supplies from a few catalog places so if you could find a used one on eBay you could go that route. Same they aren’t made any more. I have prints from them that have been on the wall in direct sunlight and there is no fading and the print quality was excellent.

John
M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
in article BBB0313F.25EF4%
wrote on 10/13/03 8:38 AM:

"gray ink" would work perfectly printed on black paper. The reason, it contains a percentage of white ink.

No such thing on a home printer. There is no "white" ink in a home printer. That was the limitation of the original question.

Now if he wants to take his project to a commercial printer then he has many more options.

But that was not the question, now was it.

Mike

* Logo Design *

M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
in article
wrote on 10/13/03 8:41 AM:

To my knowledge there has only been one consumer printer that had white ink and that was the Alps printers.

It is not likely that the original poster has that printer, now is it. He would not be asking his question if he did have that printer. He would know of it’s ability to print with white ink already.

Mike

* Logo Design *

M
Mike
Oct 13, 2003
wrote on 10/13/03 8:00 AM:

Mike

You think I’m some little kid that just wants to play?….nice try!

Oh, good… you do want to play.

I’m very serious about what I said.

So what? How serious you feel is irrelevant to me.

You are ignorant and have
absolutely nothing good to say about anyone or to anyone.

Yet you come back for more. So how silly are you?

hahahaha.

And if I
said anything in that post to offend you, please tell me what it is so I can say it again.

You have yet to type anything of any importance. Much less something that I will choose to be offended by.

I will make this real clear for you. People like you, are silly… by the very choice to be offended by my messages, you make yourself silly to me. Thus you and your opinions are irrelevant.

You are now only good for one thing… becoming my new "Net Toy"… do you think you can do it?

Mike

* Logo Design *

S
Stephan
Oct 13, 2003
wrote:

Stephan
Hey Stephan

Because you expose your little problems with Mike The Idiot. I read this NG so it becomes my business to.
That is why I tell you to killfile him like a lot of us do OK?

Stephan
S
Stephan
Oct 13, 2003
"JP Kabala" wrote in message
sorry, but no….my office had a dye/wax printer….used one for years uses waxes in c-m-y-k….no way to make white—

finding a price on the Kinkos site is like finding a needle in a haystack but it’s usually .75-1.00 depending on size and quantity
That is why I have their price list on my desk.
Letter Single Sided 99cents

Stephan
FV
Frank Vuotto
Oct 13, 2003
I suppose if you could find a source for white ink one could use the ink from it to refill a black cartridge.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/ 36.4° – 105.6°

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:41:11 -0700, "nospam"
wrote:

To my knowledge there has only been one consumer printer that had white ink which is what you would need (it would have to be done under your images with a slight edge around it) and that was the Alps printers. There were ribbon based dye-sub/wax printers and they offered white, metallic, etc. However, those printers are no longer made. You can still buy supplies from a few catalog places so if you could find a used one on eBay you could go that route. Same they aren’t made any more. I have prints from them that have been on the wall in direct sunlight and there is no fading and the print quality was excellent.

John

C
CutterJon
Oct 13, 2003
In article <lbpib.23925$>, DaKitty
wrote:

Ink Jet ink is transparent, it will not show up on black, much like spilled coffee doesn’t really turn black paper brown.

BUY Black Paper!

I had some success once with using black paper and a Tektronix Phaser-the wax is glossy and the paper dull-it looks like a varnish-on-black print, but much cheaper. Kinkos used to have Phasers…

CutterJon
C
CutterJon
Oct 13, 2003
In article <BBB00207.A3C19%>, mike
wrote:

Varnish on black paper has the same effect, maybe slightly more subtle. Verrry cool looking.

CutterJon
JK
JP Kabala
Oct 14, 2003
That’s what I had in my office until it broke one too many times and they finally
stopped supporting it- and I couldn’t get replacement parts It was a very cool printer, but notoriously
"touchy" and frequently non-functional

Did some VERY odd/cool things with that guy, tho.

Dark blue on colored paper would produce almost
iridescent effects.

"CutterJon" wrote in message
In article <lbpib.23925$>, DaKitty
wrote:

Ink Jet ink is transparent, it will not show up on black, much like
spilled
coffee doesn’t really turn black paper brown.

BUY Black Paper!

I had some success once with using black paper and a Tektronix Phaser-the wax is glossy and the paper dull-it looks like a varnish-on-black print, but much cheaper. Kinkos used to have Phasers…

CutterJon
L
loopy
Oct 14, 2003
"mike" wrote in message
Some graphic designers just have not done any actual printing, so they
don’t
have any knowledge with how ink really works on paper. Such people make silly suggestions like "grey" ink on black paper.
":^)
CO
Carol Ott
Oct 14, 2003
Coffee is really neat on tissue, especially if you crumple or fold the tissue and then dab on the coffee.

Carol

"127.0.0.1" wrote in message
you
can even do allot with coffee…
L
loopy
Oct 14, 2003
"SoftSpot" wrote in message
Hi

a
a
it
on
black paper
black
ink soaked page

thanks

Some time ago I tried something similar: we wanted to "print" something on
a
black T-shirt. So I printed the design on a piece of transfertpaper and
then
ironned it onto the T-shirt. Result: completely useless. I guess all the negative answers here (at least those who don’t stick out
by
being rude, offensive and insulting) are right: with a normal household-inkjetprinter you just can’t print on black and expect a useful result.

to answer the original poster:

this can be accomplished very easily. it’s the age old paste up. do your design work on white then manually cut it out and place them on black paper.

-a|ex
D
DosBoss57
Oct 14, 2003
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:22:38 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

wrote:

Stephan
Hey Stephan

Because you expose your little problems with Mike The Idiot. I read this NG so it becomes my business to.
That is why I tell you to killfile him like a lot of us do OK?

Stephan
Stephan
I owe you an apology and let me explain why. In your first post concerning this you had a part of my dialogue which you snipped. Please understand that when you mentioned killfiling the bastard, I thought you meant for Mike to killfile me. I truly misunderstood that part. I could have emailed you privately to apologize but felt that the apology deserved as much "airplay" as the offending comment. I know you read this NG often, as I do. And I also see how helpful you are on here. I freaked out when I thought you were directing your comment at me.

Hope no offense was taken on your part as this truly was a misunderstanding

//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

L
loopy
Oct 14, 2003
"Stephan" wrote in message
"JP Kabala" wrote in message

finding a price on the Kinkos site is like finding a needle in a
haystack
but it’s usually .75-1.00 depending on size and quantity
That is why I have their price list on my desk.
Letter Single Sided 99cents

Stephan

I used to worked at Kinko’s computer service. they don’t mention that for color, it’s half off after 25 copies (so it’s cheaper than corporate discounts on bulk) and… if you go there around 3 am, you can usually get more free copies or services from the underpaid associates.

-a|ex
M
Mike
Oct 14, 2003
wrote on 10/13/03 5:40 PM:

Stephan
I owe you an apology and let me explain why. In your first post concerning this you had a part of my dialogue which you snipped. Please understand that when you mentioned killfiling the bastard, I thought you meant for Mike to killfile me. I truly misunderstood that part. I could have emailed you privately to apologize but felt that the apology deserved as much "airplay" as the offending comment. I know you read this NG often, as I do. And I also see how helpful you are on here. I freaked out when I thought you were directing your comment at me.

In other words… "I can’t control myself, but I hope you can control yourself."

Mike

* Logo Design *

M
MikeWhy
Oct 14, 2003
Hi

on
black paper

Printer inks work by absorbing light. They subtract colors. At best, you can get a muddy gray with enough ink on the page. Never white.

Kinko’s.
S
Stephan
Oct 14, 2003

Stephan

No problem, no offense and I accept your apology.
See? Where Mike comes in, trouble follows, just zap him, he never ever came up with a helpful answer and on top of things he doesn’t even use Photoshop. He is just an angry sorry loser sending his wife to work so he can stay on his fat ass in his "studio" (did you see the pic of it on his site? pathetic!) and play on the internet.

Stephan
S
Stephan
Oct 14, 2003
"127.0.0.1" wrote in message
"mike" wrote in message
Some graphic designers just have not done any actual printing, so they
don’t
have any knowledge with how ink really works on paper. Such people make silly suggestions like "grey" ink on black paper.
":^)
M
Mike
Oct 14, 2003
in article b9Oib.18445$, Stephan at
wrote on 10/14/03 1:07 AM:

Stephan

No problem, no offense and I accept your apology.
See? Where Mike comes in, trouble follows, just zap him, he never ever came up with a helpful answer and on top of things he doesn’t even use Photoshop. He is just an angry sorry loser sending his wife to work so he can stay on his fat ass in his "studio" (did you see the pic of it on his site? pathetic!) and play on the internet.

One might say that you are showing a level of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.

You are very transparent with your envy.

Mike

* Logo Design *

M
Mike
Oct 14, 2003
in article b9Oib.18445$, Stephan at
wrote on 10/14/03 1:07 AM:

Where Mike comes in, trouble follows, just zap him, he never ever came up with a helpful answer …

When you make sweeping generalizations like that you only seem silly. You don’t know what I answer to people in emails. Do you follow me around and read all my messages so that you know for sure that I don’t help people sometimes?

and on top of things he doesn’t even use Photoshop.

It is not necessary that I use Photoshop… but I do have it. I just don’t use it.

He is just an angry sorry loser …

What makes you think I have lost something? I don’t feel or think I have lost anything.

sending his wife to work so he can stay on
his fat ass in his "studio"

Janet enjoys her work. Just like I enjoy drawing things. We both get to do what we enjoy.

(did you see the pic of it on his site?
pathetic!)

My studio works just fine for me.

and play on the internet.

Yep, I do get to play on the Internet, I guess that is a problem for you. It is not for me.

Mike

* Logo Design *

XT
xalinai_Two
Oct 14, 2003
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:56:09 -0400, DosBoss57
wrote:

wrote:

Stephan
Hey Stephan

Because you’re fighting in public.
Fighting with trolls makes you a troll – you don’t want to be plonked just because the killfiled troll’s messages become visible in your retorts, do you?

Michael

//Õ¿Õ\\

DosBoss57

P
Postman
Oct 14, 2003
in article , Xalinai at
wrote on 10/14/03 3:25 AM:

Hey Stephan

Because you’re fighting in public.
Fighting with trolls makes you a troll – you don’t want to be plonked just because the killfiled troll’s messages become visible in your retorts, do you?

Michael

ArtistMike’s messages are way too scary for Xalina to read. He/she has to be protected from those nasty messages… so do your job of protecting her/him.

hahahaha.
RW
Roger Willcocks
Nov 4, 2003
Hi

on
black paper

thanks

Create your artwork as a negative and print your test copies likewise, but ask the print shop to reverse it white-on-black (set NegativePrint ‘true’ on PostScript RIPs) when they come to make the copies.

Roger
F
Flycaster
Nov 4, 2003
"Roger Willcocks" wrote in message
Hi

a
a
it
on
black paper
black
ink soaked page

thanks

Create your artwork as a negative and print your test copies likewise, but ask the print shop to reverse it white-on-black (set NegativePrint ‘true’
on
PostScript RIPs) when they come to make the copies.

He’s SOL, unless he’s figured out a magical way to get white out of his inkjet. The last I heard, inks were "subtractive" colors.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
R
Raymond
Nov 6, 2003
Add a new layer and fill it with black, when you want to do a test print just switch off that layer from view.

Raymond

"Roger Willcocks" wrote in message
Hi

a
a
it
on
black paper
black
ink soaked page

thanks

Create your artwork as a negative and print your test copies likewise, but ask the print shop to reverse it white-on-black (set NegativePrint ‘true’
on

Roger

F
Flycaster
Nov 6, 2003
"Raymond" wrote in message
Add a new layer and fill it with black, when you want to do a test print just switch off that layer from view.

You can certainly "do" it in Photoshop…the problem is trying to do it with an inkjet on paper.
The white you see on your Photoshop screen is the *paper* white, not ink white, on the other side of the fence.

You cannot mix inkjet colors, in any combination, and get the color "white." It simply can’t be done.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
S
SoftSpot
Nov 6, 2003

Create your artwork as a negative and print your test copies likewise,
but
ask the print shop to reverse it white-on-black (set NegativePrint
‘true’
on

Roger

The main problem is that a printer "makes" white by not printing any color at all, which leaves white area’s transparant. If you print on black everything that contains "white" becomes….. right: black.

Once upon a time, some years ago there has been developed a printer which contained 5 reservoirs of ink: the usual black, and the three colours YMC, and a reservoir with white ink. That printer could be used to print on any kind of backgroundcolor. But I don’t remember which company released it and if it still can be bought now…

With the usual kind of printers that is sold now, with only black and the three main colors (yellow, magenta, cyan) printing on black can be done but the results will be completely useless.

SoftSpot

"Things may be better tomorrow, though they will never be perfect" (Cornelis Vreeswijk)

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I’m only human too)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections