KR
Posted By
Kelly_Randall
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create a file I can use in Premiere Elements so that I’ll see a color around the outside & it’ll have a transparent ellipse in the middle, through which the video will be visible. It doesn’t seem like this would be very difficult, but I’m having trouble figuring it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
Start with a new document, with transparent background.

Select the Elliptical Selection Tool, and draw your selection. Then click on Select / Inverse.

Click on Edit / Fill. Choose your colour and click on Ok.

You’ll have your hole and frame on a transparent background. Now, as for the saving format, I have no clue what PremiΓ¨re will accept, it doesn’t exist on the Mac so I can’t test it. But I’d say since it’s an Adobe product, save in Photoshop Format. Safe bet it should work.

Ray
KR
Kelly_Randall
Apr 26, 2005
Thanks! I’ll give it a try.
KR
Kelly_Randall
Apr 26, 2005
OK- I create a document & make the background transparent. I draw my ellipse. Before I can click Select/Inverse, it seems I have to Control-Click on the Layer Thmbnail. Otherwise, "Inverse" is greyed out. Then I click on "Edit" and "Fill Selection" is greyed out. I must be missing something.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 27, 2005
Kelly,

You need to use the Elliptical Marquee tool … πŸ™‚

Wendy
KR
Kelly_Randall
Apr 27, 2005
Thanks to you both! That worked! I’ve got a book coming from Amazon which will hopefully help me get the hang off this.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections