S
Posted By
Stinkweed
Oct 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to make a photograph partially black and white with some color in it such as maybe the whole picture be black and white and the wagon be in color. How can I do this. I have tried and tried, but I end up with just the opposite effect of the wagon being black and white and the rest colored. What am I doing wrong?

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BT
Ben T
Oct 24, 2004
It sounds like what you have done would work if after you selected the wagon > Select > Inverse. Now remove the color from the rest of the picture. Ben T

"Stinkweed" wrote in message
I have been trying to make a photograph partially black and white with some color in it such as maybe the whole picture be black and white and the wagon
be in color. How can I do this. I have tried and tried, but I end up with
just the opposite effect of the wagon being black and white and the rest colored. What am I doing wrong?

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

S
Stinkweed
Oct 24, 2004
Thank You so much Ben, I tried it and it worked. I have been trying to do this for weeks. I’m wondering now if I can do multiple parts of the picture this way. Back to work on this. If you can do it, let me know. 🙂

"Ben T" wrote in message
It sounds like what you have done would work if after you selected the wagon > Select > Inverse. Now remove the color from the rest of the
picture.
Ben T

I have been trying to make a photograph partially black and white with
some
color in it such as maybe the whole picture be black and white and the wagon
just the opposite effect of the wagon being black and white and the rest colored. What am I doing wrong?

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when
our
wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

BT
Ben T
Oct 24, 2004
Yes you can. If selecting another area causes you to loose the first selection, then hold down the shift key as you select the next areas. After you make the selections > Select > Inverse.
HTH
Ben

Thank You so much Ben, I tried it and it worked. I have been trying to do this for weeks. I’m wondering now if I can do multiple parts of the picture
this way. Back to work on this. If you can do it, let me know. 🙂

"Ben T" wrote in message
It sounds like what you have done would work if after you selected the wagon > Select > Inverse. Now remove the color from the rest of the
picture.
Ben T

I have been trying to make a photograph partially black and white with
some
color in it such as maybe the whole picture be black and white and the wagon
just the opposite effect of the wagon being black and white and the rest
colored. What am I doing wrong?

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when
our
wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections