"Change Layer Content" not available (creating rectangle w rounded corner and gradient)

T
Posted By
terrahawk
Aug 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I had a set method of creating a rectangle with a linear gradient and a rounded top left corner that was working for me but no longer does. I’m using version 6. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong/what may have changed?

1) I create a new image 1000*200 pixels wide,
2) use the rounded rectangle tool to put a rounded left corner up (and just let the other rounded corners go off the edge of the image)
3) then from the top tool bar I would go to "Layer" and "Change Layer Content" to create my Gradient.

Now, when I try this method the, "Change Layer Content" option is grayed out and I do not know why.

I know there are other ways to do the gradient but with my way, it was easy for me to create the rounded corner and gradient (used to be easy anyway!).

Thank-you for your help
Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
Aug 1, 2007
Peter,
Make sure "Shape Layers" mode is on (perhaps you tool just "fills pixels"). Also this menu item may be grayed out if shape layer is locked or inactive.
T
terrahawk
Aug 1, 2007
That was it. Now Change Layer Content is available to me. Thank-you Andrei:-)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections