VN
Posted By
V.N.
Jun 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Windows vista and when trying install PS CS3 from "setup.exe" file, nothing happening, the installation proccess won’t start at all.
Any idea on how to solve this problem?
Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 17, 2007
There have been many problems with the CS3 installer, so the only option I could suggest for now is that you trying copying the installation files from the CD onto your hard drive, and try running from there. But, you’d also be well-advised to search and read through the forum here about problems that others have seen. One I can tell you of is that if you find the installer seems to get stuck at the point where it says "installing shared components", just be patient and give it time to proceed….I’ve seen it take 20 minutes or more, the full installation itself taking close to an hour on a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 with only 512MB of memory. Meanwhile, on my home system I was able to install under both XP and Vista within 20 minutes, and with no problems. Why the difference? I’ve no idea. Why no problems compared to others? Lucky I guess.

Daryl
JC
Jordan_Cox2
Jun 18, 2007

V.N., I’m having the same issue w/ the trial installation (from my hard disk). It’s been idly sitting in the background doing NOTHING for a few hours now. I tried running the CS3 beta cleanup (man, that was scary). and retrying the installation, but no go. I’m sure as hell glad that I didn’t purchase this product. Does anyone have any ideas?
JH
Juergen Heinzl
Jun 23, 2007
schrieb:
I have Windows vista and when trying install PS CS3 from "setup.exe" file, nothing happening, the installation proccess won’t start at all. Any idea on how to solve this problem? Thank you.

Try this (as Administrator):

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Should it work afterwards — great, sorry otherwise 8-} Only from hearsay BTW — PS CS3 seems not to work if you’ve got a Vista Home Basic installation (which seems to be, feature wise, roughly on the same level as an air brushed DOS 3.1 8086 machine anyway).

In other words given Vista is a rather new system and you want it to play together with PS CS3, which is a rather new software, and both need to play together all sorts of combinations of hardware and drivers the answer to a problem with CS3 may not come from single contact like Adobe (though as a software developer myself I’m quite aware that not being much of a consolation once one is sitting there, staring at the screen and thinking thoughts which are definitely all but G-rated).

Cheers,
Juergen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections