Posted By
Doug_Amsbury
Mar 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get the following message—

" Can not load the MMXCore routines module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop"

I have version 11.0.1

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Mar 29, 2009
Doug,

What exact version of the OS? (If Leopard, 10.5.x, I’ll bow out of the discussion.)

What do you mean by "load into Photoshop"? You don’t "load" anything "into" Photoshop, you open your images with (or within) Photoshop to edit them.

What is this MMXCore thing and how does it come into play here?

There’s a reference to it in:
< http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=3298 41>

But it applies to Windows.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 29, 2009
Doug – the error message means what it says. You copied an old version of MMXCore from an older version of Photoshop, and it doesn’t work with the current version of Photoshop. Don’t do that — the extension plugins are version specific.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 29, 2009
Also, what does your topic title have to do with the error message?

BTW – MMXCore is x86 specific, and applies to Photoshop running on x86 regardless of the OS.
R
Ram
Mar 29, 2009
Thanks, Chris, I had just found five instances lying dormant in my CS3 and CS4 installations. Not in prior versions, nor anywhere else on my machine. Obviously, it’s not used on my PPC machine.

HardDisk/Applications/Adobe Bridge CS3/Plug-Ins/mmxcore.plugin HardDisk/Applications/Adobe Bridge CS4/Plug-Ins/mmxcore.plugin HardDisk/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Extensions/MMXCore.plugin HardDisk/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Extensions/MMXCore.plugin HardDisk/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Asset Services CS3/Plug-Ins/mmxcore.plugin
DA
Doug_Amsbury
Mar 30, 2009
Don’t think my message went through – if it did my apologies for a repeat.

Apparently I was not too clear with post.

Chris Cox wrote — >what does your topic title have to do with the error message?

I believe it has everything to do with it because the message " Can not load the MMXCore routines module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop" is what comes up when I attempt to open more than one photo at a time in CS4. Therefore I can’t open/load multiple files/photos in CS4.

I am using a brand new imac OS 10.5.6. I did transfer some files from old computer (an emac) which was running CS3 but I did not attempt to transfer anything from CS3 but things happen.

I guess some confusion arose because I used the term ‘load’ instead of ‘open’.

Can CS4 OPEN multiple photos?
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
Can CS4 OPEN multiple photos?

Hell, of course it can! What kind of question is that? 8o

I did transfer some files from old computer

Never a good idea, unless they were all documents (data files and image files).

Re-install CS4. Use the Adobe Uninstaller first. Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility before AND after the installation.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 30, 2009
Doug – the mmxcore error message comes up EVERY time you launch CS4. It happens because you copied that obsolete version of MMXCore into the CS4 plugins folder. It has nothing to do with no opening multiple files.

How are you opening these images?
P
PECourtejoie
Mar 30, 2009
Did you copy your old plug-ins folder, hoping to get them all in one shot? Bad idea…
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 30, 2009
Doug,

In short: transferring your old picture files to your new system and CS4 is fine. In a properly installed Photoshop, they will open singly or in multiples without a problem. But, copying over any plug-ins or other resources from an old Photoshop version is a bad idea as they tend to be version specific. If you have third-party plug-ins, check with the developers for compatibility or newer versions.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections