WC
Posted By
william_craft
Jun 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS CS. I have opened a file that I was working on yesterday and now the transform options from the edit menu are no longer available. They were working fine yesterday but not today. I have no idea what has happened. I saved the file before I closed PS and left for the day. I had been working with several layers and merged them. One of the layers had a mask but I don’t think that was what caused it since I was still able to use the transform options after the layer merge. Even making duplicates of the original background layer does not give me the transform options. I can open other files and the transform options are available. This is infuriating due to the loss of time and not knowing what caused this. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 15, 2007
Are you on the Background or a locked layer? Are you on the Composite channel or one of the others?

Why did you merge the layers (out of curiosity)
WC
william_craft
Jun 15, 2007
I am not on a background layer or a locked layer. The only locked layer is the original background layer. I have not fiddled with channels in this file. I merged the layers (after making copies of them) to make it easier for cloning, patching and moving. This one is a real stumper as to what has happened.
WC
william_craft
Jun 15, 2007
Well now the transform options are available. I didn’t do anything other than unhide a few layers to figure out how I created them in the first place so I could re-create them in the new file. The has to have been something I hit to grey-out those options to begin with but bugger if I can figure it out.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 15, 2007
If you were on a hidden layer when you tried to Transform it would be grayed out.
WC
william_craft
Jun 15, 2007
That wasn’t the case. I’v made that mistake before which is why I really pay attention to what layer I am on. I guess it might be operator error but darn if I can figure what it was.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections