NM
Posted By
Nikolaus_Macheck
Mar 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A lot of people may use a larger mousepointer in the system preferences under "Universal access".

CS3 had no problem with that. The brushcursor had the right size. With CS4 things are different: The brush cursor is blown up 2 times its size while the radius of the actually brushed area keeps the original size. So the round circle is always too big.

I could not fix that in the PS preferences.

Seems to me to be a bug….

Any hints?

Nikolaus

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JP
Jim_Poor
Mar 3, 2009
Oh I’m soooo glad to hear of this. I’ve been trying for months to get the cursor mismatch thing solved. Mike Shaw saw this post and alerted me to possible solution for my issues. Resetting the cursor size back to normal in Universal Access solved the issue for me.

Of course, now I have to squint to see the cursor on my monitors . . .

Take the good with the bad I suppose.
MP
MikeShaw_PSQE
Mar 3, 2009
This is an expected behavior with CS4. In CS4 we are using a cursor api to display the cursor. So if you increase the size of the cursor in Universal Access it will also affect the painting cursors in Photoshop. In CS3 we drew our own cursor, but that was not feasible with the GPU changes that went into CS4.
NM
Nikolaus_Macheck
Mar 3, 2009
Mike, could there come an upgrade giving people a choice for a correct large cursor? I will not change the large mouse pointer with my highres screen. PS is the only app. I know that does this ….

Nikolaus
NM
Nikolaus_Macheck
Mar 7, 2009
If CS3 could handle a large cursor, why shouldn´t CS4 do so too? I think a lot of people will be annoyed by this issue.
R
Ram
Mar 7, 2009
If CS3 could handle a large cursor, why shouldn´t CS4 do so too?

Mike’s last sentence in #2:

In CS3 we drew our own cursor, but that was not feasible with the GPU changes that went into CS4.
NM
Nikolaus_Macheck
Mar 8, 2009
Is it a possibility for Photoshop to "recognize" a larger mousepointer and to use the old routine in this case for us Universal access users?

You can imagine working with a highres screen makes it almost a necessity enlarging your pointers. That applys to PS, Illustrator, Indesign, etc. Even Apple Mail.

Nikolaus

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections