KK
Posted By
Kurt_Kramer
Jun 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve bought the Upgrade from CS2 to CS3. Did some searching on how to install the new version and found people encountered a lot of glitches. What’s the proper order of doing things? Do I install CS3, thereby creating a new folder/directory for it? Then do I work with it a little bit, and once assured that it’s working with my machine and images, then do I uninstall CS2? Or does CS3, in the upgrade process, overwrite parts of CS2? Or do I have to uninstall CS2 first. I’ve formed the impression that they can both run on the same machine. Thanks.
Kurt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 6, 2007
Each new version installs into its own folder structure and two versions can happily coexist on your computer. there are many reasons for leaving the previous version in place and practically none for removing it.

More so in the case of CS2/CS3 because Adobe Gamma is missing from the new version as is Image Ready.

the amount of HD space freed up after removing it would, in any case, be minimal.

Enjoy CS3!

Chris.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 6, 2007
Half life of a backlit LCD is reckoned to be four years.
G
gowanoh
Jun 6, 2007
The problems installing the CS3 upgrade can occur if you are installing the commercial version of CS3 over the beta and mostly involve Bridge. In my personal experience some of the problems that Adobe attributes to this are really programming bugs that have not been worked out of Bridge because I have some of the same issues after a totally clean install of CS3. They are annoying but do not cause crashes or other serious problems. In any event the upgrade is well worthwhile.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections