CB
Posted By
Charles_Boehm
Feb 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to see thumbnails instead of the list of jpg file names in the system dialog box that’s presented upon executing File>Place in CS3. How do I achieve this?

Chrlz_B on a Mac (Tiger)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 3, 2009
Make sure you are in Column View in that dialog box. Click on the icon with the vertical bars.

Then click on the name of each file, and you will see the preview.
CB
Charles_Boehm
Feb 3, 2009
Yes, I got that far, but I think I should be able to view a number of thumbnails at the same time; not one at a time. Of course I could use the Place command in Bridge, but that was not my intent.

Chrlz_B
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 3, 2009
You can only get icons but you can adjust them to be 128 x 128 pixels . If you click on the icon preview button and hold it you will see a pop up giving you the option to select icon sizes
CB
Charles_Boehm
Feb 3, 2009
Wade,

It sounds like you are referring to Finder icons (Finder Cmd+j). This does not change any jpg icon in the list of image file names when using the Place command. I do not see a Preview button anywhere in the dialog box presented when using the Place command. From what I’ve been reading it seems only PS for windoz will give an option button to view multiple files as jpgs. Too bad for the Mac; as I read it.

Thanks for your response.
Charles

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections