MS
Posted By
Mike_Shimizu
May 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Everytime this user launches Photoshop she gets : "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator".

We have used group policy to lock down the environment, so the message is legitimate. We do not want to disable this to get rid of this error message.

We have unsuccessfully tried to grant admin rights and temporarily disable the policy preventing registry editing for the user. While in this mode no error, but as soon as we return the security settings the error returns.

I have searched all over the web to no avail. Most just give ways to turn off the policy or command line to circument. The only one I found that claimed to have a fix was a dead link : <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2eec6.htm>

Any ideas how to solve? Any way to photoshop to not write to the registry upon startup?

Thanks,
Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
May 16, 2007
MS
Mike_Shimizu
May 18, 2007
Thanks for the reply.

Before I start changing folder permissions, I do not see this affecting the error she is getting: "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator" upon Photoshop startup. How would folder permissions affect the ability to edit the registry? Or is the error not accurately stating the problem.

Mike
I
ID._Awe
May 18, 2007
Photoshop has to write/change information in certain folders and would subsequently make changes to the appropriate registry key.
MS
Mike_Shimizu
May 18, 2007
I guess I am a little slow. How do I interpret that last comment.

Does this mean that if we are going to use group policy to lock down registry editing then we cannot avoid this error since Photoshop needs to make changes to the appropriate registry key? Keep in mind, as far as I know it only hapens on startup.

If we have to live with the error message, what, if any, are the areas where this would cause us problems. We have successfully edited and saved documents with this error.

Thanks,
Mike
DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2007
there used to be a document listing the specific keys you need to provide access too. i can’t find it now. 🙁
JH
Juergen Heinzl
May 18, 2007
schrieb:
there used to be a document listing the specific keys you need to provide access too. i can’t find it now. 🙁

Perhaps in such cases "regmon" (and associated tools) can be of help … http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Regm on.mspx ….

More and more wondering whether I’d really try and install the not yet arrived German version of the CS3 upgrade 8-/
Juergen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections