NB
Posted By
Niels_Bent_Nielsen
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When clicking on either foreground or background color, I get a Color Picker window which shows a very limited amount of colors to choose from. Clicking on Color Libraries sends me to window with group of Pantone choices.
Would like to reset foreground + background color to default, but how?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 15, 2008
Just hit the D key to get the default Black and White;

and hut "X" to swap the colors between foreground and background.

Look at the color picker dialog more carefully and notice how clicking different "Radio Buttons", and moving the slider, changes the range of colors that are displayed.
NB
Niels_Bent_Nielsen
Dec 16, 2008
Thanks your reply. Sorry if my question wasn’t clear.

I can get default black and white and use slider and radio buttons ok.

Problem is: once double clicking on default black or whit in Tools palette, I get window ""Color Picker"" in which square window only displays a limited number of colors and the slider only shows one color at a time. This slider used to show rainbow of colors. Would like to get rainbow back. Any idea?
R
Ram
Dec 16, 2008
The very first setting in Photoshop > Preferences General is the Color Picker. Make sure it’s set to Adobe and NOT Apple.
NB
Niels_Bent_Nielsen
Dec 16, 2008
Thanks, Ramon. But Color Picker was Adobe, so that’s not where the cat is buried. Still puzzled.
R
Ram
Dec 16, 2008
Then trash your preferences, they’re obviously corrupted.
P
Phosphor
Dec 16, 2008
Do you have the H button clicked in the Color Picker?
R
Ram
Dec 16, 2008
Good catch, Ed.
NB
Niels_Bent_Nielsen
Dec 16, 2008
Ed, you’re the man of the hour!!

Once again, I can hum along with Louis Armstrongs What a Wonderful World, as he sing: -the colors of the rainbow, a montain dressed in snow…
NB
Niels_Bent_Nielsen
Dec 16, 2008
Ed, you’re the man of the hour!!

Once again, I can hum along with Louis Armstrongs What a Wonderful World, as he sing: -the colors of the rainbow, a montain dressed in snow…
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 16, 2008
Ann already covered it in Post #1!
NB
Niels_Bent_Nielsen
Dec 16, 2008
Oooops, my bad. Ann did in fact give the answer in the very first mail.

I stand corrected. Thanks to Ann and all for your efforts and patience.
P
Phosphor
Dec 16, 2008
Yes, she did, but I had the feeling from later posts that Niels didn’t quite get what she was saying.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections