Posted By
Aric_Mannion
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RG
Rene_Garneau
Dec 15, 2008
Go in the Channel palette and Command+click on the top channel, Inverse the selection and hit delete. But before deleting make sure the layer your black is on is a layer that’s not locked, like a background layer.
AM
Aric_Mannion
Dec 15, 2008
That deletes the grays as well as the blacks. Is there a way I can key, or "mask" the black so that I can feather the edge or have more edge control/tolerance?
I’d like to use the same method on green screen stuff to. I thought green screen was originally a photo technique, but I can only do it in after effects.
P
PECourtejoie
Dec 15, 2008
Instead of hitting delete, do not invert, and create a layer mask!
AM
Aric_Mannion
Dec 15, 2008
My image is black white and gray. It looks like his method doesn’t work on the grays, only whites? I need something that will let me choose a color, and then make that color transparent with a reasonable amount of controls such as tolerance, and feathered edges.
If someone gave you a photograph with a chroma green background, and asked you to key out the green, how would you do it? There must be some way to key out a color that I don’t want, without taking away other parts of the picture in the process.
DK
Doug_Katz
Dec 15, 2008
May sound silly, but how uniformly black is the black? If relatively so, then Color Range or even the Magic Wand can select narrow ranges of a single color. Use it in a channel for even more surgical control.

Or am I totally missing your objective?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections