PR
Posted By
Philip_Ronney
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several photo processing programs installed including Photoshop CS and Photoshop Elements. Since I use CS most of the time I would prefer that it be my default photo editing program. For some reason all my photo files seem to be coming up in elements when I double click on any PSD photo file. How do I tell my computer that I want CS to be my default photo editing program? The elements yellow flower logo is attached to all my pictures. When I initialize CS I can then open all my PSD files in CS just fine but it would be nice to be able to have CS be my default program.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Jun 22, 2004
Philip,

Since your question is how to associate files with CS, you may end up needing to post in the main Photoshop forum for an answer.

That being said, though, Elements allows one to specify which graphic file types via the menu Edit > File Association…

Perhaps CS has a similar ability?

Byron
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 22, 2004
Well, plain ole Windows way always works:

Short way:
1. right click on file, choose Open With, find Photoshop, check Always Open With.

This probably won’t change icon. If not,

2.use Folder Options/File Types from a MyComputer or Windows Explorer window and edit the file type.
You can do 1 from 2 also.

M
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 23, 2004
Mac way:

Just open a file … place cursor on image and click once then do Apple>I …. chose open with etc and then do choose this application to open all documents like this.

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections