CS
Posted By
Chris_Sato
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to specify Photoshop Elements 3.0 as the default program for any images I open. Right now they automatically open in Photoshop 7.0, which is overkill for most stuff that I just want to view.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 26, 2005
Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer and select Open With. Find PSE and check the "always open with" option.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
Of course, that was for Windows. For Mac, highlight one of the files in the finder, press Command – I, then under Open With (you might have to click on the little triangle to expand it), choose the application you wish it to open with, and click on Change All, just under the application.

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 26, 2005
You will need to do this each different file type eg jpg, psd, tiff

Doing on one file type doesn’t change the others … 🙂

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 26, 2005
I don’t know about the Mac version, but the Windows version allows you to establish file association, en masse, via Edit > File Association…
RW
Roger Whitehead
Apr 28, 2005
In article , wrote:
I want to specify Photoshop Elements 3.0 as the default program…

FWIW, I use IrfanView as the default because it’s quicker for viewing pictures and for making thumbnails. I’ve set PE as the default editor from IrfanView, so when I want to do any work on an image I just press Shift-E while looking at the picture in IrfanView.

This is within Windows XP. (You haven’t said what O/S you’re running.)

Roger

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections