Posted By
Tony_Bouttell
Dec 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TB
Tony_Bouttell
Dec 13, 2008
Hello all,
Does anyone know if there is a way to add to or modify the contents of the "File/Open With" panel.
Mine is showing multiple copies of the same packages and some software I’ll never use to open pictures with, "Opera, Firefox, Safari and others". I have some other software I use all the time and they aren’t showing up.
I need to be able to delete the ones I don’t use and add the ones I do.

Cheers

Tony
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 13, 2008
You could try re-setting your Bridge prefs. but if certain applications don’t show up at all in the "Open with …" list, that would imply that they are not suitable for opening that particular kind of file.

As for duplicates, I only see multiple versions of a program being listed when I actually have multiple versions of the same Application installed on my machine.

I don’t think that tailoring the File Type Associations will affect the number of applications that show in the list.

If you just use "Open" (as opposed to Open with"), Bridge will use the Default application for that kind of file which will be the latest version that you have installed on your machine.
TB
Tony_Bouttell
Dec 13, 2008
Thanks Ann,
My problem is that I have multiple "tools": Photoshop CS 4, Painter X, Studio Artist and other programs that all can open and manipulate image files. I use all the programs during the course of a project and it would be great if I could access them all using Bridge as the interface. Bridge can see CS 4 and Painter X, along with Camera Raw, Image Browser, Opera etc etc. but not the other programs I also use.

Tony
R
Ram
Dec 13, 2008
Try accessing those other programs Bridge doesn’t see now through the Contextual Menu in the Finder and open one such file with the corresponding application once (from the Finder). Bridge will most likely see them afterwards too, especially if you save such a file.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 13, 2008
Folks,

As there is a separate Bridge Forum: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bb8a3bf> I urge that further Bridge-specific questions be moved over there, where those pros hang out.

Thanks.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections