ST
Posted By
Sue_Thompson
Dec 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I go to the CS4 help menu I get directed to a help webpage. Is this normal? CS3 always opened a help menu with a search function.

Thanks
Sue

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 7, 2008
Is this normal?

Yes. A lot of people don’t like it, but there are work-arounds, or you just get used to it and enjoy the advantages.
R
Ram
Dec 8, 2008
Sue,

I’m one of those who positively hate it, not because it’s on the web, I do have a pretty fast connection, but because the Help file itself is very paltry and the search function just about utterly worthless.

If for whatever reason it bothers you to have to connect to the Internet, you can download the whole PDF to your local hard drive and disconnect yourself from the web. Most inconvenient.

The one advantage is that it can be updated dynamically, as was the case when ACR 5.2 came out with very substantial enhancements.

I can’t even remember the last version of Photoshop that had a halfway decent manual. :/
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 8, 2008
Ramón,

Well, v2 came in a huge heavy-board slipcase, weighed about 10 lb, and had a couple of good manuals and the app on a handful of floppies, as I recall. <g>

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 8, 2008
Ramón,

Well, v2 came in a huge heavy-board slipcase, weighed about 10 lb, and had a couple of good manuals (plus the app on a handful of floppies), as I recall. <g>

Neil
R
Ram
Dec 8, 2008
Neil,

Though I only go back to Photoshop version 5, I do remember the size of the packages from the early days. I Still have the Adobe Illustrator 5 box sitting on a shelf. It’s big enough to hold a toaster oven inside. 😀
B
Buko
Dec 8, 2008
Think of all the forests that were destroyed for packaging and manuals in the old days.
R
Ram
Dec 8, 2008
Come on, Buko. Forest are not destroyed by paper mills. These days paper companies have reforestation programs that far outweigh what they consume.

Wood is like any other crop. If you don’t harvest it, it will just rot away.

It’s different from the destruction of forests by land developers, ranchers and exotic wood dealers who don’t have reforestation plans in place.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 8, 2008
Ramón,

The only problem with the reforestation programs is the monocultures they plant, which are ecologically unsound. Yet, it’s better than the clueless land developers, ranchers and exotic wood dealers. Even some homeowners seem to have been on this kick of using pavers over the entire plot instead of grass, shrubs and trees.

But we digress…

Neil
R
Ram
Dec 8, 2008
In that respect, I welcome the weeds and crabgrass in my back yard. 😉

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections