O
Posted By
oh
Nov 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m taking a class that is distance learning and so far have spent 30 hours on 2 parts of an assignment that just don’t seem to work in this program. I have followed the instructors manual with no success. The first project was to make an embroiderd logo using type, distort, noise, motion blur, then go to blending setting the layer as and overlay, although this works, it captures the blur and makes the logo look messy. Not like the example.
Second is making a bead, after making the bead you define it as a brush, which you are then suppose to use to add beads to another print repeat that was done before. The bead when the program will make a brush out of it looks like a spot of solid color, and not the bead that took 10 steps to make. I also can’t resize it with out it turning black, and when used the color can be changed but it goes on transparent. So if there is a red ground color and a yellow bead it looks orange.
Any help out there. This project is due Sunday night. I know this is vague, but will give more details if you have some anwsers. THanks oh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 11, 2006
"oh" wrote in message
I’m taking a class that is distance learning and so far have spent 30 hours on 2 parts of an assignment that just don’t seem to work in this program. I have followed the instructors manual with no success. The first project was to make an embroiderd logo using type, distort, noise, motion blur, then go to blending setting the layer as and overlay, although this works, it captures the blur and makes the logo look messy. Not like the example.
Second is making a bead, after making the bead you define it as a brush, which you are then suppose to use to add beads to another print repeat that was done before. The bead when the program will make a brush out of it looks like a spot of solid color, and not the bead that took 10 steps to make. I also can’t resize it with out it turning black, and when used the color can be changed but it goes on transparent. So if there is a red ground color and a yellow bead it looks orange.
Any help out there. This project is due Sunday night. I know this is vague, but will give more details if you have some anwsers. THanks oh

"oh"

The brush should take on the colour of the current foreground swatch, also check your brush opacities and the tool’s blending mode.(options bar), sound as if you are not in "Normal".
Missing just one step (or more usually a typo) in a tutorial can screw the whole thing up. Should you be working on multiple layers, with the logo on one and the effects on another?
Stiches at http://www.pixel2life.com/search/4/stitches/1/ Brushes, pages and pages of ’em at
http://www.pixel2life.com/search/4/making%20brushes/1/

HTH
MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections