CM
Posted By
Cathy_M._Darnell
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My problem is that in when I ask Photoshop to "Resize Images" under Options -> Large Images in the Web Photo Gallery menu, the new resized photos in the "Images" folder created by Photoshop do not contain File Info such as Caption, Filename, Credits, etc. The gallery, however, displays all of this information. The problem, then, would appear to be in how Photoshop resaves the images after it resizes them. How can I get photoshop to retain this information? I’d like the File Info to stay with the photo when someone downloads it from our website. I don’t want to have to manually resize all images before creating a gallery. Thanks for any help you can provide.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JD
Juergen_D
Jun 7, 2004
Cathy,
PE uses ‘Save for Web’ when resizing for the gallery. Save for Web does not retain the EXIF and IPTC data. I don’t know of any work-around other than manually resizing.

Juergen
CM
Cathy_M._Darnell
Jun 9, 2004
I am very confused as to why a co-worker using Photoshop 6.0 on the windows platform doesn’t have this problem though. I assumed there was a setting somewhere that I was missing. I’m using Photoshop 7.0 Mac.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 9, 2004
Cathy, since you posted on the Elements forum, people assumed that’s what you were using. Since you’re using full PS, I suggest a post on that forum to see if anyone can help you out. There shouldn’t be any real difference between PS 7.0 and PSE 2, but you never know.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections