Can’t change the info on web photo gallery pages!

AL
Posted By
art_ludwig
Aug 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a similar problem with buggy web gallery horizontal slideshow:

Description and title show up sometimes, and sometimes just the blank template. For example, as the slideshow is loading, the description of the first slide shows, only to be replaced by a blank template when loading is complete!

I’m running cs3 on 24" imac. "preserve all metadata" is checked.

Is this feature so buggy that it can’t be used?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AL
art_ludwig
Aug 11, 2008
PS…additionally, the web gallery is not respecting the manual sort order in Bridge, which is the source of the files.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Aug 11, 2008
Try replacing any instance of ‘&’ with ‘and’ in both the filenames and the titles that you might type in the gallery creation function. Then run the function to generate the gallery again. [more info <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.59b61cbb/0>]
AL
art_ludwig
Aug 11, 2008
Jim,

Thanks, but no ifs, ands or &’s …and it’s still doing the same thing.

On re-reading the original post in this thread I see that Devin was having a somewhat different issue, so I’ve reposted this with more detail and a more descriptive, search-friendly title at

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b622a5>
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Aug 11, 2008
The tilde in a filename (baño) seems to be a problem similar to the ‘&’ found to be a problem in the other thread. The Photoshop gallery script turned this text into ‘ba-o’.

Adobe’s gallery scripts/functions are persnickety about characters outside of the basic 26-letter US alphabet. Try simplifying the filenames and titles that you use.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections