LH
Posted By
Laurie_Hesse
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I bring images into Illustrator and Freehand from Photoshop there is always a white (like box) all around it, could you please tell me how to get rid of that. Have tried alot of different things.
Thank you Laurie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CR
Chris_Rankin
May 14, 2004
Laurie,
What format are your images that you’re importing? If you import a jpeg image that you made from a selection you’ll get the white border. Gifs won’t (or shouldn’t)

CR
LH
Laurie_Hesse
May 15, 2004
Chris
Thank you for replying. I saved my image as a gif and yes it did work!!. But on my gradations that I had in my type changed from solid yellow to solid orange, and my image lost it’s magenta color, looks kinda dull. In Photoshop I went under File and Save for Web to get it to save as a gif. Tried to just do a Save as but a gif was not an option to save to.
I am using Photoshop CS.
Is that just how it is when you save a Photoshop file as a gif? Laurie
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 15, 2004
Gif very limited format, only 256 colors as opposed to 16.7 million possible in other formats.

For Illy, you should be able to save directly as PSD with transparency or TIFF with transparency preserved, assuming last couple of versions of Illy (not sure when it started supporting transparency).

No idea what FH wants.

Using clipping path is another option but that’s a more complicated process and should be unnecessary with Illy (depending on your version).

If no Illy guru pipes in pretty soon, you can ask in the Illy forum.

Mac

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections