Best way (folio/bounding) to display a printed portfolio? (Graphic Design question)

TF
Posted By
Tim_Francis
Oct 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Apologies if this isnt posted in the correct forum (but I wasnt able to find any mainstream graphic design forums, I know there is ultrashock but that’s more flash based, if anyone could point me to some would be great.)

Any how my question is what is the best portfolio type (paper/binded folder/display sheets) to display printed graphic design work in to potential clients or employers etc?

I had been using protective sheets, but then a client of mine showed me what someone else had done for them and it was displayed in a huge thick A3 bound portfolio (you couldnt see or tell how each peice of paper was bound to the edge). I’m thinking that’s what I really need and really professional type looking folio presented like that, but I don’t know of what you would call that type of folio/bounding etc.

Any help would be great

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Oct 23, 2008
I prefer to do wire-o because you can change the pages out as your portfolio changes. I also like to have vellum slip sheets in-between because it looks more professional as well has assure that the prints do not stick together. I prefer to go with printed plastic transparent covers with an emboss as well as foil stampings with double hit blacks consisted of gloss UV coatings in patterns of textiles, but that gets costly.

Other then that, I think you will have more success creating an on line portfolio. Most people don’t have the time to look at hard copies, but it’s good to have a back up hard copy for face to face situations.
TF
Tim_Francis
Oct 23, 2008
Hi Mike thanks for the quick reply, any chance you could take a few pics when you have a moment to show what your talking about here? Do you have any links to websites for such products?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Oct 23, 2008
Here are some examples

< http://www.mybinding.com/.sc/ms/cat/Binding%20Supplies?OVRAW =wire%20o&OVKEY=wire%20o%20binding&OVMTC=advanced&am p;OVADID=1494168512&OVKWID=11566390512>

<http://eckhartandco.com/html/wireo.html>

I think the links will break the margins.

Tim –

Unfortunately, I can not post my work due to a bevy of copy right issues that I would be violating and the fact that most of the work I do, I don’t own, corporations do and most of the stuff I work on is pre-release advertisements.

sorry…
SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 23, 2008
I prefer perfect binding with a hand made book.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections