Graphic Design Portfolio – Thoughts & Opinions?

A
Posted By
asd
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

Thanks in advance to those of your that take the time to visit and offer your critiques. I’m not particularily a web designer – it’s not my strongest point. 95% of what I do is graphics for other web developing & marketing firms for both print and multimedia. I do however, desing real web sites as well. Just not ones that require massive custom coding and what not.

I just want to hear from other people where you think I’m at design-wise and what I could work on and what’s good about what I do. Also – what kind of a "style" do I have? I’ve been trying to come up with a well articulated but not exagerated, ‘short way’ of describing to potential clients what my style is, if I in fact have one.

I have an actual list of web sites I’ve done if you’re interested as well as three Flash samples – just e-mail me and I’ll send them to you. I’m always free for contracts or sub-contracts. My prices range from $250.00 to $1000 USD usually; I mostly do small to medium sized business sites.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Stephan
Feb 13, 2004
"127.0.0.1" wrote in message
Hi there,

Thanks in advance to those of your that take the time to visit and offer your critiques. I’m not particularily a web designer
BLABLABLABLABLA.
My prices range from $250.00 to $1000
USD usually; I mostly do small to medium sized business sites.

Spam spam spam

Stephan
A
asd
Feb 13, 2004
Hi Stephan – sorry – I thought this was a Photoshop newsgroup. I figured where else wold I get some feedback than in a newsgroup that deals with the same program I use all the time. Well – can they delete it somehow if it’s not fitting for this newsgroup?

"Stephan" wrote in message
"127.0.0.1" wrote in message
Hi there,

Thanks in advance to those of your that take the time to visit and offer your critiques. I’m not particularily a web designer
BLABLABLABLABLA.
My prices range from $250.00 to $1000
USD usually; I mostly do small to medium sized business sites.

Spam spam spam

Stephan

H
Hecate
Feb 13, 2004
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:42:18 GMT, "127.0.0.1" wrote:

Hi Stephan – sorry – I thought this was a Photoshop newsgroup. I figured where else wold I get some feedback than in a newsgroup that deals with the same program I use all the time. Well – can they delete it somehow if it’s not fitting for this newsgroup?
But you’re talking about web design, and no serious designer would use Photoshop to design a web site so…

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
T
toby
Feb 13, 2004
"127.0.0.1" …

It sure looked like spam to me, and in fact your post boils down to simple touting. That’s not always appreciated on USENET.* You can delete your own posting from Google’s otherwise permanent archive using the instructions here:
http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/help.html#9

But prevention is better than cure.
T

*A rule of thumb that works for me is, like any community, you’ll get out of USENET what you put in.
DB
Dave B
Feb 15, 2004
Hi Stephan,
Why do you say that no serious designer would use photoshop to design a web site? I do all my original designing of sites in Photoshop due it’s flexibitly and ease of making multiple design choices with layers, etc. Of course, when it comes time to actually build the page I use Dreamweaver – but even then, I save all the graphics I want to use with the "Save for Web…" option. And for rollovers, and gif animations – nothing beats ImageReady…

Dave

PS Other than that – I agree: Spam. 🙂

"Hecate" wrote in message
Hi Stephan – sorry – I thought this was a Photoshop newsgroup. I figured where else wold I get some feedback than in a newsgroup that deals with
the
same program I use all the time. Well – can they delete it somehow if
it’s
not fitting for this newsgroup?
But you’re talking about web design, and no serious designer would use Photoshop to design a web site so…

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
DB
Dave B
Feb 15, 2004
Oops. I mean Hecate… 🙂

"Dave B" wrote in message
Hi Stephan,
Why do you say that no serious designer would use photoshop to design
a
web site? I do all my original designing of sites in Photoshop due it’s flexibitly and ease of making multiple design choices with layers, etc. Of course, when it comes time to actually build the page I use Dreamweaver – but even then, I save all the graphics I want to use with the "Save for Web…" option. And for rollovers, and gif animations – nothing beats ImageReady…

Dave

PS Other than that – I agree: Spam. 🙂

"Hecate" wrote in message
Hi Stephan – sorry – I thought this was a Photoshop newsgroup. I
figured
where else wold I get some feedback than in a newsgroup that deals with
the
same program I use all the time. Well – can they delete it somehow if
it’s
not fitting for this newsgroup?

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections