DK
Posted By
Doug_Katz
Oct 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just read that CS4 will now permit all transform commands (including Distort and Perspective) to operate on SOs. But the caveat is that "A vector SO must be converted to a Photoshop SO first."

I don’t know what this means exactly. What is the operation being required here exactly? I thought all SOs are "Photoshop SOs" including those that are vectors in their origin.

Can someone explain what’s going on? Is it some sort of rasterization of the vectors? And if so, is there no reversing the process?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Oct 22, 2008
to me that means that an Illy SO will become raster
P
progress
Oct 22, 2008
and useless.

I don’t understand why Adobe struggles with basic transformations it’s sister application handles with ease.

CS3 doesn’t permit Distort or Perspective transformations.
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 22, 2008
If you’re right, Buko, then actually nothing’s changed from CS3, right? We can do distort and perspective transformations on raster SOs in CS3. We can’t perform those two transformations on vector SOs in CS3.

So this "new CS4 feature" is merely saying that we can do nothing more or less than we could in CS3.

I must be still missing something.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 22, 2008
progress – because, underneath, the calculations are not as simple as they appear to the user.

No, you could not do perspective or distort transforms on any SO in CS3.
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 22, 2008
I apologize. It was WARP that couldn’t be performed on a vector SO in CS3 but could on a raster SO. Neither Distort nor Perspective could be performed on EITHER a vector or raster SO in CS3.

Ergo the ability to Distort and Perspective transform ANY SO in CS4 is a bona fide new feature.

Bad thread. Who the hell started it?
B
Buko
Oct 22, 2008
some doug guy. B)
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 22, 2008
Do you want it deleted?

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections