JR
Posted By
Joseph_Rossi
May 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello I have PS Elements 2.0. I wiped my hard drive and am trying to reload my software. All I have is my original disk and I don’t remember if I had a key code that I lost. It asks for a serial number but the only numbers that are on the disk don’t work and don’t look like they are sequenced the same as the positions on the install program. Please help

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MS
Mark_Sand
May 7, 2004
Do you still have the original jewel case? On mine, the serial number is printed twice on a peelable white label. The serial consists of 6 sets of 4 numbers: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
D
davee
May 7, 2004
If you bought a retail copy the code is printed on the small label on the back of the CD case. If you have lost the CD case it is just possible that your receipt would be treated as ‘proof of purchase’ and Adobe will tell you the serial number.
If it was a bundled copy with hardware (e.g. a scanner) the number is printed on the paper sleeve the CD was in. In this case you should contact the supplier of the associated hardware.
Your best immediate action is to do a thorough search of your home.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 7, 2004
Joseph,

When you are inputting the numbers make sure that you use zero for 0 … another thing is some people have had to try several times before it accepted the numbers.

Good Luck
Wendy
LP
Larry Preuss
May 8, 2004
in article at
wrote on 5/7/04 2:56 PM:

Hello I have PS Elements 2.0. I wiped my hard drive and am trying to reload my software. All I have is my original disk and I don’t remember if I had a key code that I lost. It asks for a serial number but the only numbers that are on the disk don’t work and don’t look like they are sequenced the same as the positions on the install program. Please help

I hope you registered your program with Adobe when you installed it. If so, they will be glad to look it up and give it to you by telephone. Much the same thing happened to me and I was able to recover the number from them, proving to myself that all of the monkey business about product registration may after all be worthwhile.
Larry
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
May 8, 2004
If you registered your copy with Adobe, you should be able to get the number from them.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections