RJ
Posted By
Ryan_Justice
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Elements. I have a logo on which I need to perform two different actions to see how the final results look. First I need to erase the white background and save the logo without a background so it can be placed on certain documents without a white background. I’ve erased the background successfully, but in saving the new logo I always have the background in white. I can’t seem to save the logo without the background.

Second I need to feather the edges of the background so it has a white background, but the transition to the underlying background is transitioned. I have been successful at feathering the edges of the background, but unable to save the new logo so that it retains the background transition. I must be missing something?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
May 4, 2004
Are you trying to save in JPEG format? If so, that’s why you can’t get rid of the white background – JPEG doesn’t support transparency. Since this is a logo, I assume it contains a much more limited number of colors than a regular photo. If true, try using GIF, which does support transparency.

I don’t seem to be following the second paragraph, so I’ll leave that to someone else!
RJ
Ryan_Justice
May 4, 2004
On the second point perhaps the word fading is more appropriate. I want the white background of the logo to fade into the background on which I place the logo.
JH
Jim_Hess
May 4, 2004
One way of doing that would be to draw a box and then fill it with the color white. This, of course, would be on a separate layer. Apply a very high level of gaussian blur to that layer, and then place that layer behind your logo. You will probably have to flatten your image before you save it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections