MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
May 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I watched a special on public television about a photographic project by a famous wildlife photographer Jim Brandenburg. He spent 90 days in the Minnesota wilderness with the objective of one photograph per day. Which means he clicked his shutter only once a day.

Day 36, he discusses how has wife shined a flashlight on the water for him to create this photo and he discussed the issues related to creating/faking/making the image.

If you like to photograph nature/wildlife I’d recommend getting the DVD of this show or check your listing for public television.

For your viewing pleasure.

< http://www.jimbrandenburg.com/gallery/90%20day%20images/chas ed_by_the_light.html>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 3, 2004
I’ve always been a big fan of the wolf man. He’… imo ‘is’ a ‘photographer’. Thanks for sharing Mark..it was the greatest inspiration of ‘my’ day 🙂
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 3, 2004
WOW!

That is discipline

g.
LK
Leen_Koper
May 3, 2004
Love it.

Leen
PA
Patti_Anderson
May 3, 2004
What a feast for the eyes! I love his tree bark pictures. Something like that would be a great photo challenge, eh? Maybe broadening it to "living textures." Could include abstracts of everything from tree bark to fields of frozen grass to feathers.

Patti
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 3, 2004
Great idea Patti…lots of textures in my area…the backwood sticks girl that I am 🙂
J
jhjl1
May 3, 2004
Great link Mark. I will be checking our local PBS for this one. —
Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
LG
Lorace_Graham
May 3, 2004
These were so fabulous that I’m struggling to recover.

Day #10 the Boundary Water Loons caught my eye particularly.

And how about that underbrush? It is so gorgeous.

I was wondering how he ever got those animals to pose like that? LOL but it appeared that way to me. Loons, eagle, deer, etc.

Thank you for the link.

Lorace
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 4, 2004
Lorace,

In the film he talks about #10. The loon was caught in some fishing line or something of that sort. He freed the bird and then it flapped its wings in a way, he thought, was a kind of ‘thank you’. He mentions that photo as his favorite.

Jim Brandenburg has lived and breathed wildlife and nature photography for over 30 years. He spends so much time in the wildness that he eventually catches the ‘pose’. He has learned the secrets of approaching wildlife, knowing about them, learning their habits, etc. He talked at length about the chance shot of the wolf that actually came to him, but had an embarrassed expression of ‘oh, you caught me’. He also has some very nice long lens, as you can imagine.

The story behind the photo of the poached deer was very moving. That is a powerful image.
JC
Jane Carter
May 4, 2004
Thank you for this link! This is astounding photography, I have gone thru the slide show several times and have sent the link to family and friends.
As you can tell, this is my favourite kind of photography, he has some of the best I have ever seen anywhere!
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections