• Save ALL my ‘Actions’ set as backup, possible?

DC
Posted By
dimitri_ca
Sep 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello –

With CS3,
I know it’s possible to save (as backup or other) my own complete "brushes" set (eg. myBrushes.abr).
But is the same thing possible for my complete "actions" set (not only one folder, but all folders)?

Thank you, have a nice day…

– Dimitri

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Sep 24, 2008
you need to save the whole set
DC
dimitri_ca
Sep 24, 2008
Hi Buko –

What do you mean by the whole set?
Because, it’s what I try to do, but only one folder is saved… Not all the sets visible into the ‘action’ palette.

Is it possible then?

– Dimitri
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 24, 2008
You do have to save each "Set" separately.

Or you could put all of your Actions into one "Set".
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Sep 24, 2008
You can do what I do and back up all of your system preferences by Option dragging (copying) the contents of your Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings folder to another location.

This will copy everything including your workspaces, actions, tool preferences etc – it works for me meaning that if I go to a freelance job I can just go through the process of using this backed up folder to replace the one on their system, creating my "Home Space" instantly saving me 10 minutes work

They are going to make this process more transparent in the future
JM
Jonas_M._Rogne
Oct 15, 2008
As Mark said. If you just want the actions and not everything else, there is a file in those folders where your (currently loaded) actions are stored (should be named "actions" or something obvious). You can just backup that.

Close Photoshop before copying stuff from there as Photoshop won’t update changes in the files until you close the program.
P
Phosphor
Oct 15, 2008
Seems to me the easiest way would be to simply copy the Actions folder from the Presets folder to another location or media.

I am a little leery of doing it with the Preferences files. If you have the actual .atn files (or whatever Preset)you can transfer the individual action sets to other computer more easily.
B
Buko
Oct 15, 2008
What do you mean by the whole set?

highlight you set

in the action panel flyout > save actions
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 15, 2008
You can however only save (and re-load) one "Set" at a time.

You might want to copy some of your Actions from different Sets into one more-encompassing Set?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections