B
Posted By
bu1
Aug 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a picture of something and I am trying to show the size by inserting a ruler to show the length.

I have searched the "help" and see mention of a "measurement tool", but do not know how/where to find it.

Also, the article mentions that the ruler will NOT print, and I need something that WILL print.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SM
Seth Meranda
Aug 15, 2003

1) Draw a Ruler
2) Take a screen shot of the ruler and apply it to the image

Seth Meranda
smeranda<AT>unlnotes<DOT>unl<DOT>edu
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Aug 15, 2003
Draw a line the length of the object you want to messure, check the info box for precise measurement, then ad a text box to type in that measurement.
B
bu1
Aug 15, 2003
Thanks, this sounds like exactly what I am trying to accomplish. Could I impose upon you to provide some more details as to how to accomplish this for an Adobe Idiot.

Thanks !
P
Phosphor
Aug 15, 2003
Bruce….

Click here to download a Zip’ed PSD I made awhile back. It’s a 12" ruler, with tick marks down to 1/32". Grayscale, 300ppi; about 12KB. <http://home.comcast.net/~phoz/bbs/Ruler-32nds.psd.zip>
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Aug 15, 2003
Whos advice are you seaking Bruce?
B
bu1
Aug 15, 2003
Thanks, this sounds like exactly what I am trying to accomplish. Could I impose upon you to provide some more details as to how to accomplish this for an Adobe Idiot.

Thanks !
DM
dave milbut
Aug 15, 2003
posts # 2 or 5 bruce.
W
whozit
Aug 17, 2003
Thanks for the file, Phos!
P
Phosphor
Aug 17, 2003
I ought to redo that ruler image.

I can think of a couple things that would make it better and more useful…

<Phos toddles off to the PixelDungeon…>
P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2003
:Float for Bruce:
P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2003
Phos,

Not sure what improvements you have in mind, but a printable ruler reference is something that has been on my wish list to help me with specific template projects in PS.

Thank you my friend.

Patty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections