SC
Posted By
Skip_Cole
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t get rid of the erase tool cursor. For example, when I pick the crop tool and try to drag a rectangle I end up "erasing" the path that I’m dragging. Or if I select the text tool I still end up with a cursor that erases.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dick_Smith
May 28, 2004
Skip,

As a first step, try resetting "all tool" by clicking on the icon of the tool at the left hand end of the options bar.

Dick
SC
Skip_Cole
Jun 2, 2004
Dick,

Since my first msg. I uninstalled & re-installed PE2; no change – still have a round cursor which erases.
I just tried to "reset all" tools per your instruction. Curser changed to a square shape and still doesn’t change when it click on other tools; and still erases.

Hopefully you can come up with another idea for correcting this problem.

Thanks, Skip
SC
Skip_Cole
Jun 2, 2004
Dick,

I accidently discovered a solution!! I routinely use a digitizer (CalComp drawing board III) as my input device. However I was just using my trackball (Kensington turbo ring) to scroll thru the msgs in this forum and dragged the cursor over an open JPG file and the cursor changed (to crop tool)and worked!!

So I guess PE2.0 doesn’t support a wintab device – which is a big disappointment ’cause most of my work is done with the digitizer.

Is it possible to configure PE2.0 to use a digitizer as the input device?

Skip

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections