W
Posted By
Wayneswhirld
Jan 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop CS. Way back in 3.0 and 4.0, I was doing digital jacquard weaving artwork with Indexed colors, using a 30 color palette for fabric afghans, coverlets and throws. Utilizing the pencil tool, I created a spray pattern in different pixel amounts from like 6 pixels wide to maybe 30. I would draw over a rough pattern in a layer and "spray on" pixels, blending colors.

I potentially have more of this work available and I’m trying to remember how to create the pencil spray patterns and pixel thicknesses, as well as controlling the "force" of the spray. I am using a Wacom Intuos tablet. Any help?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jan 5, 2007
Check the brush presets

I think scattering is what you need, but by playing with the different settings there, you should be able to do what you want.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1hCMWT0GkOgEarCizd q5G7tzthquf>
W
Wayneswhirld
Jan 6, 2007
Cybernetic,
Thanks for your help. I have played around with this and have found that the best results are to use the Brush tool in various pixel thicknesses in Dissolve mode and by varying the Flow, you get a pixelated spray effect which is just what is needed for the weaving process.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections