Posted By
Tarjei Lundarvollen
Dec 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

I’m trying to follow Martin Evening’s tip in the book "adobe photoshop CS for photographers" about retouching hair where the root of a persons hair has another color than the rest of the hair.

So I’m taking a color sample with the eyedropper, choosing the brush tool, and color as the blend mode, and paint the hair. But there is almost no effect of the painting, and the only visible effect is desaturation of the painted hair.

Has I forgot something ?

I’m using CS 2.

Thanx in advance !

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 6, 2006
"Tarjei Lundarvollen" <flygesjef(tabortdette)@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi.

I’m trying to follow Martin Evening’s tip in the book "adobe photoshop CS for photographers" about retouching hair where the root of a persons hair has another color than the rest of the hair.

So I’m taking a color sample with the eyedropper, choosing the brush tool, and color as the blend mode, and paint the hair. But there is almost no effect of the painting, and the only visible effect is desaturation of the painted hair.

Has I forgot something ?

I’m using CS 2.

Thanx in advance !
T,

Not familiar with the book but are you in the correct mode? Normal, colour etc., check on the Options bar.

HTH
MH
TL
Tarjei Lundarvollen
Dec 6, 2006

Has I forgot something ?

I’m using CS 2.

Thanx in advance !
T,

Not familiar with the book but are you in the correct mode? Normal, colour etc., check on the Options bar.

I think so, but please have a look at this picture:
http://www.lundarvollen.com/slett/cs2.jpg

Tarjei

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 6, 2006
"Tarjei Lundarvollen" <flygesjef(tabortdette)@gmail.com> wrote in message

Has I forgot something ?

I’m using CS 2.

Thanx in advance !
T,

I think so, but please have a look at this picture:
http://www.lundarvollen.com/slett/cs2.jpg
Tarjei,

You are painting in Color mode, should you be?
Color mode creates a result color with the luminance of the base color and the hue and saturation of the blend color. This preserves the gray levels in the image and is useful for coloring monochrome images and for tinting color images, it is very subtle.
Are you working on an empty layer above your image (you should be) that way you can paint in normal mode and then set the layer blend mode to any one you want and also play with the opacity level of the layer to fine tune your correction. Also, if you make a mistake, you just need to delete the layer and make a new one.

HTH
Mike H
TL
Tarjei Lundarvollen
Dec 7, 2006
Tarjei,

You are painting in Color mode, should you be?
Color mode creates a result color with the luminance of the base color and the hue and saturation of the blend color. This preserves the gray levels in the image and is useful for coloring monochrome images and for tinting color images, it is very subtle.
Are you working on an empty layer above your image (you should be) that way you can paint in normal mode and then set the layer blend mode to any one you want and also play with the opacity level of the layer to fine tune your correction. Also, if you make a mistake, you just need to delete the layer and make a new one.

I know I’m painting in color mode, and according to the book, I should be (if I get this correctly).

But it is obviosly not giving me the result, so I must be doeing something wrong.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections