Books on photo retouching for things like jewelry.

AR
Posted By
Andrea_Russell
Jul 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need some kind of book that focuses on retouching of jewelry. I found lots that give tips on old photos etc. I need something that shows the finer points of jewelry? Or an online site. Anyone know of any?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
PShock
Jul 30, 2006
Pixels are pixels – if you know how to retouch (restore), old photos, you know how to retouch jewelry. What I’m getting at is, retouching an image containing jewelry is no different than retouching any other image. Figure out what needs to be done, and then figure out the best method to go about it.

I highly doubt there are any jewelry-specific retouching books. Photographing jewelry on the other hand, is another matter.

-phil
AR
alan_ruta
Jul 30, 2006
I agree with PShock 99 percent here. My guess is there might be a few instances specific to jewelry, perhaps different color mixes for a good gold or platinum and how much to sharpen stones to give them some bling, but I don’t see a whole books worth of jewelry specific ideas.

Have you tried googling "retouching, jewelry".

alan
P
poi
Aug 29, 2006
Get a book on retouching SKIN. If you can retouch FLESH you can retouch ANYTHING.

trust me- the same principles apply…

T

In article ,
wrote:

I need some kind of book that focuses on retouching of jewelry. I found lots that give tips on old photos etc. I need something that shows the finer points of jewelry? Or an online site. Anyone know of any?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections