HL
Posted By
Heather_Lough
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just recently put 43 pictures on a CD to take in to get digitally processed. 37 of them were straight from the camera (as jpegs) but the other 6 I had altered in PS Elements to adjust color, crop or reduce red eye. When I saved them, I would specifically save them as a jpeg file for processing, but the digital processors cannot even bring those 6 photos up in their computer to print them. It shows on their screen that there are 43 photos but will only open the 37 unaltered images. I don’t know if it’s a problem with that one specific processor (I’ve only been to one) or problems with my files. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Do I need to save them some other way after I alter the photos in Elements?

Heather Lough

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 16, 2004
The only problem I’ve ever heard of was when someone took in some TIFFs and several of them came out black rectangles. The guess (lacking any real data) was there was an adjustment layer of some sort on top, so the processing didn’t catch the image itself. That shouldn’t be an issue with JPEGs, though, because they don’t save layers. I suspect a problem with the processor. I’ve sent JPEGs, all edited in Elements, to an online processor without incident. I’ve also had layered TIFFs printed at the neighborhood camera shop, and all of those had been virtually recreated in Elements.

If you did a straight Save As to JPEG, you might next time try using the Save for Web feature and choose the maximum quality. I can’t think of any reason why it should matter, but maybe the machine will view it differently for some unexplainable reason.
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 17, 2004
Have you tried to upload your photos to one of the sites that will print on photopaper for you, Shutterfly, ClubPhoto, and many many others. They will tell you what will and won’t print and exactly why. I have used them and learned a lot, as when I started doing this I had trouble understanding the size of the pictures and also the resolution. Then going back to my own computer and printer, and reading the instructions here, I was able to do what I wanted to for printing.
Though I don’t use the inkjet here for most of the pictures that I want to give to family, I use the Shutterfly and these sites. Make the copies that you upload into jpgs, don’t use psds or other formats. Not expensive really and a whole lot easier and the prints will last like real photos. And you don’t have to drive anywhere!
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections