GP
Posted By
Gary_Politzer
Jul 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just sold my G5 Dual 2.7, saving for a Mac Pro. CS3 deactivation failed. Repeatedly. I was about to erase the machine, so I called up Adobe, got a call center in India with a nice lady reading from a script. I got increasingly frustrated & upset, altho I try not to do this with support calls any more. She was reading through the list of possible reasons why CS3 might not deactivate, none of which applied. Finally, the last reason was, having multiple drives or partitions on a computer! I said, listen, how many pros do you think use multiple drives or partitions on a computer? This isn’t amateur hour here! I want my $#@$%#!@ CS3 deactivated! I should be able to activate & deactivate at will! Best she could do was write down my serial number, and inform me that I would need to call again when I activate CS3 on my new Mac Pro. Ack!

I was trying this poor phone support person’s patience, and she was holding up well. Best I could get was a slight weary little sigh as she asked me if there was anything more she could help me with today. I hate Adobe’s activation scheme. She was probably thinking that what is wrong with Americans is our sense of entitlement, like everything should just work for us. Oh well…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
you get 20 deactivations thats it. then you must call customer support. to get 5 more.

Have you been deactivating and reactivating, willy nilly?
GP
Gary_Politzer
Jul 22, 2008
I didn’t know that, but no, I have not been doing that. I deactivated a few (as in 2 or 3) times in order to take a clone of my system on a trip, and use it on a friend’s Mac while away from home. Nothing like 20 times. The deactivation failure was unexplained.
B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
I don’t know then I would call Adobe Customer Service maybe someone has been activating deactivating your software.
GP
Gary_Politzer
Jul 23, 2008
Good idea, maybe Customer Service isn’t in India, and they actually know what is going on. I will try this.
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
I call business hours US time and I always get an American. It seems the only other country I’ve had handle my calls was the Philippines (not very impressive).

The Adobe software folk I’ve had to interact with from india are top notch.
GP
Gary_Politzer
Jul 23, 2008
I did not mean to imply anything about India & Indians, the woman I spoke with did her job as well as possible, but she did not have access to what I needed to know, which is *why* I was having this problem.
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah I understand, My bad experience was with the Philippines
NT
Nini Tj
Jul 23, 2008
For us Scandinavians Adobe Support is in Ireland (and very seldom in a Scandinavian language)… provided you manage to get through after holding with load music in your ear for sometimes upto an hour… It’s almost as bad as my cable TV support/broadband support line.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections