O
Posted By
One4All
Mar 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m no expert w/ Photoshop. I do basic stuff, such as color correcting, removing spots, etc. I have difficulty when removing objects, such as contrails from jets, from a sky background. The sky in my photos gradiates from dark at the top to lighter toward the bottom. I can transfer a selection’s outline to another part of the sky, then drag the copy over the part I want to eliminate. But, there’s a significant border between the new selection & the original.

I also have a problem blending a selection into a new location in other areas. There always seems to be a line between the new placement and the original.

Regardless of how much I feather a selection, there still is a perceptible border between the new selection and the original background. And, I can’t feather the selection too much because of overlap into areas not affected by the original problem.

I use the Healing Brush, and the Clone Tool when I have to. BTW, I’ve never been able to figure out the difference between aligned & nonaligned while painting. I prefer to paint, rather than click & stop. It may be that there is no difference between aligned & nonaligned when painting.

I’d appreciate greatly anyone’s advice on this kindergarten stuff.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections