RM
Posted By
Ryan_M_Kerr
Jan 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey guys, I have an image that I have close cropped. Now, when I select the path to change the background it automatically comes up inversed and anything i have pathed inside the outer path does not get selected. It only started doing that a few weeks ago so I am not sure what I did or changed but I’ve tried everything I know and frustration has set in. Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 30, 2007
What do you see in the Paths palette? Using the Path Selection tool can you change it with the icons on the Options Bar?
P
PeterK.
Jan 30, 2007
Check the four boxes in your options bar that show different squares intersecting/overlapping each other. You may be able to fix the path just by selecting it and clicking one of the other options. The option that cuts out donut holes is on the far right. If selecting your path and clicking an option doesn’t work, try selecting the path and cutting it (command-x), then click on the path option you want, create a new path via the "create new path" icon and paste your path into it. To avoid the problem in the future, be sure that you have the option you want before you start drawing the path.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections