BH
Posted By
Brad_Haynes
Feb 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work on two mac computers. Both run PS CS2. The one at work, when I select a layer, requires me to hold the command button to move the item on that layer. The one at home, when I select a layer, allows me to move the item freely without holding command. What is causing this!! I don’t want to have to hold command to move things!! And they get changed about every month or so and I don’t know how I am doing it!!!

Please help!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Brad

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 9, 2007
Depends on what tool you have selected. If you are one the Move tool (cross on tool palette, top right) you don’t need to hold down Command. Holding down Command temporarily calls up the Move tool.

Do you have a manual? This is very basic stuff, so you ought to look through the first three or so chapters.
CB
charles badland
Feb 9, 2007
And also check the Move Tool option bar. Could be one has Auto Select Layer checked and one does not. (cmd key toggles Auto Select)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections