AD
Posted By
Art_Dickinson
Feb 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone tell me where on my website I need to place the folder created by CS2 Web Gallery. CS 2 creates this url : file:///Users/artdickinson/Desktop/portraits/index.htm Do I need to add my website address to the beginning for the gallery to be visible ? Adobe gives no assistance in the Help section, it stops with the creation of the folder ……

Thanks,
Art

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Feb 1, 2007
you will need upload the folder to your website.

depending where you upload the file to your website will define what what the final address is.
AD
Art_Dickinson
Feb 1, 2007
Duhhh… your a BIG help !!
B
Buko
Feb 1, 2007
If you don’t know how to upload to your website maybe you need to take a class, read a book or call your host company and ask them how to do it.

Here is a clue. The url : file:///Users/artdickinson/Desktop/portraits/index.htm has nothing to do with the web address when its uploaded to your domain servers. That is just where it is on your computer.

If you do not have server space on a host server or your own domain you need to get it.

Oh and loose the attitude.
AD
Art_Dickinson
Feb 1, 2007
I asked a spcefic question, and I’m sorry, you gave a very general response. Yes, I have a site, you must have missed that !
Yes, I use Fetch to upload folders, etc.
I’m, only looking for a straightforward answer since Adobe gives no data other than creating the folder.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 1, 2007
Sorry, Art. Buko’s answer was right on. Just upload the whole shebang to your server and see what happens.

AND if it doesn’t work, then complain. Or better yet, ask politely for help.
R
Ram
Feb 1, 2007
… since Adobe gives no data other than creating the folder.

That is the function of this specific Adobe software, to create the folder.

You’re not addressing Adobe here in these user to user forums, and you’re not making any friends with your attitude. No one has an obligation to reply to your questions. We’re all users just like you, trying to help each other out.
BG
barry_gray
Feb 1, 2007
rename your folder something like "portraits">upload to your site. Then your path will be www."your web address".com/portraits/index.html
AD
Art_Dickinson
Feb 1, 2007
I am very sorry. I appoligize to you Buko. <br>
I was a bit frustrated that Adobe gave no directions, had a client who was expecting <br> to see something right away. Thanks for your help, I’m set now. <br><br>Art
B
Buko
Feb 1, 2007
Apology accepted.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections