MR
Posted By
mike_rosso
Aug 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All attempts to use this function end in Photoshop crashing.

Photoshop CS2 on OS10.5.4 – Imac 7,1 – 2.4 Ghz

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Aug 20, 2008
first CS2 is not supported in Leopard.

Second you are running in Rosetta.

that’s 2 strikes against you.

do things work in a new user?
MR
mike_rosso
Aug 20, 2008
I’m not having any problems with other Photoshop functions, only the Automate Web Photo Gallery. What do you mean by "in a new user?"
(trying to avoid a third strike)
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2008
What do you mean by "in a new user?"

Make a new Mac account and log in as a different user? Does the problem persist or go away?

It’s an elementary troubleshooting step.
NT
Nini Tj
Aug 20, 2008
Are you running 9.0.2 or something earlier? If earlier at least update to 9.0.2. PSCS2 9.0.2 and Leopard 10.5.4 works just fine with Web Photo Galleries on my machine.
MR
mike_rosso
Aug 20, 2008
I created a new account, logged in, ran photoshop cs2 and still had the program crash when I tried using the web photo gallery. I even created a small set of low-res test images to make it easy on the program.

Nini, I am running 9.0.2 but for some reason updates always fail to install.
MR
mike_rosso
Aug 20, 2008
Also, I looked at the PS System Info and noticed the following:

Web Photo Gallery 9.0.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/Adobe Photoshop Only/Automate/WebContactSheetII.plugin/”

Does this possibly need to be updated to 9.0.2? If so any ideas how to do that?
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
Mike,

Go to the Adobe Downloads pages to see which versions of what are currently available. For example, here’s Photoshop/Mac: <http://tinyurl.com/32lls> Other apps can be selected from here: <http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/>

Neil
MR
mike_rosso
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks Neil,

I’ll give these a shot.
MR
mike_rosso
Aug 20, 2008
The program has already been upgraded to 9.0.2 so it won’t let me upgrade it again (won’t allow me to choose the PS icon, it’s grayed out). I’m thinking about reinstalling the original software.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
Before reinstalling, if you haven’t already, reset the Photoshop preferences upon launch. (Hold down Command + Option + Shift until a message appears.)

Neil
NT
Nini Tj
Aug 20, 2008
The current version of the CS2 web contact sheet plug in is 9.0.2×311. You could try removing the one you have and run the installer for the 9.0.2 update again. You do install as an admin user I presume? And have full read and write permissions to the Adobe Photoshop CS2 folder?
R
robwilson52
Aug 21, 2008
Same problem here — trying to run CS2 on a new MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon
2.8 GHz running OSX 10.5.4 — have done all of the above and reinstalled from CD, attempted to install upgrade to 9.0.2, but installer fails, saying I am resuming a previous upgrade but the file on the server has changed….
NT
Nini Tj
Aug 21, 2008
Don’t run the update automatically if that is what you do. Download it as a standalone update from the adobe.com pages and run it locally. As admin of course.
R
robwilson52
Aug 21, 2008
SUCCESS!!!!

I have found this on the Adobe Support site:

< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 402781>

Crash when you run Web Photo Gallery on Mac OS X v10.5 (Photoshop CS2, Photoshop Elements 4)

ISSUE

When you attempt to run Web Photo Gallery in Adobe Photoshop CS2 or Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 on Mac OS X v10.5.x (Leopard), the application crashes.

REASON

The Web Photo Gallery plug-in that shipped with Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements 4 is not compatible with Mac OS X v10.5.x.

SOLUTION

Replace the Web Photo Gallery plug-in with the new version. Quit Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements 4.
Download the new version of the Web Photo Gallery plug-in from the following link: WebContactSheetIIplugin.zip
If your web browser did not automatically extract the plug-in (WebContactSheetII.plugin) from the downloaded .zip file, double-click the .zip file to extract the plug-in.
In the Finder, navigate to the Automate folder:
For Photoshop CS2, navigate to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/Adobe Photoshop Only/Automate.
For Photoshop Elements 4, navigate to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0/Plug-Ins/Automate. Remove the WebContactSheetII plug-in from the Automate folder. You might want to save this plug-in in case you need to revert back to it.
Drag the new WebContactSheetII plug-in that you extracted into the Automate folder. Re-open Photoshop CS2 or Photoshop Elements and run Web Photo Gallery. Note: If you are using Photoshop Elements 4, then do not choose File > Create Web Photo Gallery to use this feature after you update the plug-in. Instead, choose File > Automation Tools > Web Photo Gallery.
NT
Nini Tj
Aug 21, 2008
Ah. That is probably what I did at some time as mine works as supposed to. Sounds familiar. Thanks for reporting.
B
BruceKennedy
Oct 25, 2008
The above instructions worked perfect. Once I installed the new plug-in, the problem went away. Thanks for the info.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections