TL
Posted By
Tracee_Larson
Dec 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help me with how to fix a blurry photo? I took a photo of my daughter for her first birthday and the picture turned out blurry. Her face is blurry, is there anything I can do to fix that?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TL
Tracee_Larson
Dec 13, 2006
Can anyone help me with how to fix a blurry photo? I took a photo of my daughter for her first birthday and the picture turned out blurry. Her face is blurry, is there anything I can do to fix that?
B
Buko
Dec 13, 2006
Her face is blurry, is there anything I can do to fix that?

The only way to fix a blurry photo is to re-take the picture.

I’m sure this is not what you want to hear.
TL
Tracee_Larson
Dec 13, 2006
Not was I was hoping for, but that’s kind of what I figured. Was just hoping that maybe there was something that I could do with Photoshop to help it.

Thanks.
S
SuperMacGuy
Dec 13, 2006
There’s no way to fix a blurry photo. TV shows like CSI and sci-fi shows that show unblurring or finding detail in blurry stuff or even behind other objects does all of us a disservice. In our prepress department, we *wish* such filters existed to fix the slew of bad images clients supply us.
HG
hungry_ghost
Dec 13, 2006
There are a few tools that you might want to try. There are rudimentary sharpening techniques (like USM), which create the illusion of sharpening by increasing pixel contrast, but won’t really help you much. You need something that will tackle various motion blurs and out of focus blurs, depending on which is your problem.

Try here:

<http://www.focusmagic.com/>

I used this for a specific project awhile back, and while it can’t perform miracles, it’s worth a go. i think you can get a free trial which gives allows you a set number of images to try.
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 13, 2006
wrote:
There’s no way to fix a blurry photo. TV shows like CSI and sci-fi shows that show unblurring or finding detail in blurry stuff or even behind other objects does all of us a disservice. In our prepress department, we *wish* such filters existed to fix the slew of bad images clients supply us.

After tying a few levels/type of Unsharp Mask, just display it in the smallest size viewable to minimize the unfortunate focus. (or camera/subject movement)

Or maybe apply motion blur to obfuscate the above?

john mcwilliams

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections