GL
Posted By
glenn_losack
Nov 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
this has happened lately. It definitely is CS2!
I am finally doing keywords and details iptc on my photos. I am typing in file info page on photos that sit in an internal ATA drive which seems to have no bugs. Pshop CS2 is on my start up drive. I have noticed that on my QUAD with 4.5 GB RAM with 10.4.8 that if i start opening up other apps or connect Firewire Drives & hours go by the typing gets slowed up inside pshop CS2 ( file info) on my internal drive ( not the startup drive ) or the startup drive ( desktop). Typing gets very delayed. If i reinstall CS2 ITS FINE!!!!!!
SO it cant be that drives right??
Why does pshop CS2 9.02 slow down ( typing in info ) as time goes by or if this has anything to do with it, opening up other apps etc…?? any clues??

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Nov 22, 2006
First question: How much RAM are you allowing Photoshop to use in Preferences?
B
Buko
Nov 22, 2006
Do you do any maintenance on the computer?

does this happen in a new user?
GL
glenn_losack
Nov 22, 2006
it was set at 70%
should i raise this?

run utilities all the time just erased the HD 4 weeks ago put a new tiger in my tank and
reinstalled everything
pshop CS2 from the disk.
pshop was freezing the computer if i went to a brush and typed in its opacity…
GL
glenn_losack
Nov 22, 2006
3 GB set for pshop CS2
R
Ram
Nov 22, 2006
No, don’t raise it. I was wondering whether you had it set too HIGH. 70% is fine.

If you wiped the drive and re-install, you could be seeing the effects of Spotlights attempting to index everything.
GL
glenn_losack
Nov 22, 2006
what would happen if i set it too high?
R
Ram
Nov 22, 2006
what would happen if i set it too high?

You would starve the OS and other running application of RAM and your whole machine would slow down, or even choke.
R
Ram
Nov 22, 2006
Of course, if you had, say, 6GB of more of RAM, you could set Photoshop’s memory allowance to 100%, since Photoshop would not use more than appx. 3.8MB of RAM anyway. So you would have plenty left over for the OS and other applications.
GL
glenn_losack
Nov 23, 2006
Ramon
thank you so much as always

I have to say that i pushed the percent from 70 to 90 to experiment. I have never seen pshop work so great.
no other app except firefox and mail is open.

will i continue to get these results?
so far so good if i just use phsop alone on this QUAD i guess!?!?
R
Ram
Nov 23, 2006
pushed the percent from 70 to 90 to experiment.

Since you have 4.5GB of RAM, that will probably be OK.

Just as a cautionary note, Firefox uses an inordinate amount of RAM. Right now it’s gobbling up some 310 GB on my system. Take that into account.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections