Jamison_Deluski
Sep 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m new at this so please bear with me.

I created a radial blend and arranged some photos on top. I would like to make the photos look like they are sort of 3D or raised off the sheet, so I selected the layer to added a drop shadow.

However, the drop shadow is visible through the photos even though I clicked LAYER KNOCKS OUT DROP SHADOW.

If anybody could guide me or knows of another method for making the pictures pop, I’d appreciate a response.

Thank you,
Jamie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Sep 29, 2006
‘another method for making the pictures pop’

a blasting cap placed carefully under each photo and wired to a hand plunger in another room would be most effective.
GB
g_ballard
Sep 29, 2006
try selecting the main subjet

feather 1 pixel

Command J (paste selection to new layer)

Then add your layer effects to the new top layer…
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Sep 29, 2006
a blasting cap placed carefully under each photo and wired to a hand plunger in another room would be most effective.

I thought that was for blow ups.
PB
Paul_B._Cutler
Sep 29, 2006
You could also use PANTONE C357 Magnum

Gunpowder blue…

peace
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 30, 2006
Careful … or you will have the FBI arresting us for subversive activities, conspiring to cause explosions and encouraging terrorism — without benefit of Habeus Corpus.

B(
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2006
Does this mean we can now torture people for asking stupid questions or ones that are already answered in the FAQs?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 30, 2006
It does seem to. Better dust off that old Rack and the Thumb-screws?
PC
Paul_Cutler
Sep 30, 2006
asking stupid questions or ones that are already answered in the FAQs?

What’s the difference?

Ann you are so inhumane. Have you not heard of the guillotine? 🙂

peace
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 30, 2006
Indeed.
But unfortunately the guillotine renders the victims speechless so he can’t come back to ask another silly question…
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2006
the guillotine is not torture. Now that torture is legal in this country we should take full advantage of it.
B
BranderChatfield
Oct 2, 2006
"I’m new at this so please bear with me."

Jamison probably didn’t know about questions "that are already answered in the FAQs", and now has been humilated enough to not to want to come back here for any more education or quick tips…
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Oct 2, 2006
none of us r really hear.
B
Buko
Oct 2, 2006
I fail to see where anyone has humiliated Jaimison. I don’t believe there is a FAQ about making pictures pop so we can’t torture him for not reading it.

As for the thread drift, well that’s just how thing go around here. Not much you can do about that.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 2, 2006
I suspect that Jamison probably has a perfectly good sense of humour and was not in the least offended.

And anyway he received several helpful answers before the jesting started!

Perhaps Racks and Thumbscrews should be specially reserved for those that make themselves obnoxious by wearing ultra-thin skins on behalf of others?

Or should they just be sent straight to the guillotine?
B
BranderChatfield
Oct 2, 2006
Nah, I’d prefer stoning if’n I have "ultra-thin skin"… :-/
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 2, 2006
I am sure that it can be arranged?
😉

Errr … on the other hand, what sort of "stoning" did you have in mind?

[While Torture is now legal, I am fairly sure that being "stoned" is not.]
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 2, 2006
Actually being stoned is not legal except in Los Angeles… but you need a medical prescription.
P
Phosphor
Oct 3, 2006
Or you need to be a passenger on the Willie Nelson tour bus.

🙂
B
Buko
Oct 3, 2006
being stoned is not legal except in Los Angeles… but you need a medical prescription.

California isn’t the only state with medical marijuana laws.
B
Buko
Oct 3, 2006
Willie Nelson’s public statement regarding being caught with a

bag of Marijuana earlier this week:

"It’s a good thing I had a bag of Marijuana instead of a bag of

spinach. I’d be dead by now."
PC
Paul_Cutler
Oct 3, 2006
Make that all of California Doug. I have to stand up for my state…

The feds have actually been busting prescription pot places in the Valley. It’s so sad to see a bunch of cancer patients standing outside a pot clinic protesting.

peace
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 3, 2006
Paul, it’s my state too. As of 6 weeks ago.

But why are they busting them? I thought it was legal with a physician’s prescription….
R
Ram
Oct 3, 2006
It’s legal according to California law, illegal according to Federal law, which trumps state law.

There’s ample US Supreme Court precedent ruling that medical necessity may not be raised as a defense during trial if someone is charged by federal prosecutors.
R
Ram
Oct 3, 2006
Normally, individual patients are left alone by the feds, but dispensing clubs, shops and growers are routinely busted on the theory that the amounts they handle are inconsistent with medical use.
PC
Paul_Cutler
Oct 3, 2006
Doug – Welcome to Cali. It’s an aquired taste but I love it. I live in the heart of the beast – Echo Park down by Dodger Stadium.

Medical marijuana is also legal in Arizona and several other states.

What Ramón says is true. That leaves the patients in the category of just another pothead having to find a supply. The good thing for those patients is that in California there is no shortage of said supply and it is some of the finest in the world.

There are counties up north whose economies would collapse without this crop.

The feds are very inconsistent. They will allow a "pharmacy" to operate for years and then suddenly whammo, you’re busted. There was a town up north where this happened and the mayor and city council lit up joints on the front steps of the City Hall to protest.

Now if I could talk you into becoming a secessionist Doug you will truly have arrived in the right place…

peace
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 3, 2006
San Diego, Paul. From New York (orginally) and then Washington, DC. Born and bred lifetime East Coaster.

Gonna take me a little time before I can think about the secessionist agenda. Maybe I’ll get there.

Later, dude. (How’s that?!)
B
Buko
Oct 3, 2006
<Scatterbrain>Don’t Call me Dude.</Scatterbrain>
PB
Paul_B._Cutler
Oct 3, 2006
I like San Diego – better weather than here, not quite as many big city advantages.

Dude eh? You’re well on your way… 🙂

peace
AR
alan_ruta
Oct 4, 2006
San Diege, without a doubt more massage parlors than any other city in the states.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections