RW
Posted By
RD_Weber
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I am new to the forums and somewhat new to Photoshop CS2.

I made a logo for a web site but I have this black frame around it that I can not seem to get rid of. I started with a transparent background and then made my logo and saved it. I but the logo up on the site and it has this black frame or border which ever you want to call it.

I seen the black frame around the transparent background when I was making the logo but I knew it should go away when the logo was saved but for some reason it didn’t. Here is a screen shot of the black frame around the outside of my logo as it is showing on my site. Any help would be very much appreciated as I have searched for 2 days on a way to remove it with no luck.
www.modfrenzy.com/images/logo-web.gif

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 2, 2006
Sounds like the Matte color was black in the save for web dialog when you made the GIF. Try setting that to a color closer to the background color of the page you will be setting the art on.
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 2, 2006
or it could be you have a border other than "0" specified in your HTML code in the "IMG SRC" code
RW
RD_Weber
Oct 2, 2006
Don: I tried what you suggested and I still have the black frame. The black frame I get is just as soon as I click new with a transparent background. Here is a sample pic.
<http://www.modfrenzy.com/images/sample.jpg>

The real thin black line around the transparent background is the one that’s being saved with the image no matter how or what form I save it in. I don’t ever remeber that line being saved before. I have had several people tell me that is just the border showing the size of the image and it would go away when I saved it, but for some reason it’s not.
B
Bernie
Oct 2, 2006
The real thin black line around the transparent background is the one that’s being saved with the image no matter how or what form I save it in.

No it’s not since it is not a part of the image. Those people are right.

Check your HTML code to see if the border is not set to zero
S
stevent
Oct 2, 2006
Looking at the page in question, Chris is correct.
You need to correct the code in your web editor.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 2, 2006
A border is assumed to be 0 in html unless it is within an < a href … tag. Only then is it necessary to turn off the border. (And then the border is two pixels and blue, unless you have set it differently in your code.

Can you show us a web page where the border is coming up.
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 2, 2006
The fact the black border turns white when you click the image link means the border is being created by your page code.

I don’t do PHP. But if it were simple HTML I would look at the bit of code which says:

img src="images/logo.gif

and try adding: border=0

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections